Rental Car -Collision/Damage Waiver Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I did see it ahead of time, Judy. However, I have observed ALOT of vehicle running around without tags, so I didn't get excited.:blush: I figured that mean I could park anywhere without worrying about getting my tag taken....:rofl2: I guess after reading some stuff here, I was lucky to get one that ran for nine days, tags or not.:glad: For that matter, I don't think I have ever seen a traffic stop occurring in Coz. I keep meaning to bring some patches and such and go by the MP for a visit. :police: Anyway, I wondered how it "really" works....:huh:

Actually, I did see it ahead of time, Judy. However, I have observed ALOT of vehicle running around without tags, so I didn't get excited.:blush: I figured that mean I could park anywhere without worrying about getting my tag taken....:rofl2: I guess after reading some stuff here, I was lucky to get one that ran for nine days, tags or not.:glad: For that matter, I don't think I have ever seen a traffic stop occurring in Coz. I keep meaning to bring some patches and such and go by the MP for a visit. :police: Anyway, I wondered how it "really" works....:huh:

Although there may be "lots" of cars without tags, I don't think I would like to risk even a minute of my vacation being disrupted for something that could have been fixed from the begining. We have rented cars in Cozumel for years and never had a "taggless" experience. We have never had our tags removed but we make sure to park in legal spots.
You may be right that you were lucky to have a rental car run for 9 days!! We have had to bring back a car or two in our travels. I have seen traffic stops, it does happen. Maybe your right, a patch might fix the entire problem!!

Well, I am going with Isis next trip, I guess, so we will check out their tag situation! I dont want to end up in the calaboose for no insurance. :jail: Besides that, the no tag, the slight smell of cat pee, and having to reach over give a tap and push the door while pulling the handle to let the wife out added to the adventure. The one day at the caleta, we parked off the pavement on some sand next to the slip. To back out that afternoon, I had to climb the 2 inches of pavement. Everytime I hit it the car popped out of reverse. Finally, I locked my arm to hold the stick in reverse and did a little 'Duke of Hazard' yehaaa kinda thing, much to the amusment of the assorted capitains and crews that were cheering me out. :clown: It was just generally a cool experience. The ac even worked. (I mean if it wasnt hot out like in the morning and evening. Not so much during the day.)

We always rent from Margarita. Our personal favorite bug is the purple one. Over any given tope, the glove box opened. No A/C but its all part of the experience.

We'll be there in October and are going to rent from Isis. I hope to get the purple one also.
Question about the CDW. Is it 10% the value of the car or a fixed amount and can you get zero deductible? Also I understand Isis has a shop in Playa del Carmen. Has anyone used that shop?

We always rent from Margarita. Our personal favorite bug is the purple one. Over any given tope, the glove box opened. No A/C but its all part of the experience.

We had the blue one in May, and it did the same thing. Except it did it way more than just going over topes! It opened when you went around corners, sometimes when you stopped, sometimes when you were driving. Make sure your knees aren't in the line of fire at any point while the car is moving (learned that the hard way!)

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 97

Back
Top Bottom