Rental car in T&C Provo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Montana Tom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just booked our trip to T&C for Dec30-Jan27. we will be staying on chalk sound. Looking for best rate and reliable rental car. I see Payless is by far the least $$$, but also see bad reviews. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

Lucky you! We rented with Grace Bay Car Rentals and we were very pleased because we had a rather complicated itinerary and they came through for us. I had called several other rental companies first and they all said "no way!" but Grace Bay said "no problem!"

We wanted to pick up a car at the Provo airport, drive it for several days, leave it at the marina to be picked up after we boarded a liveaboard; then have a car waiting for us at the marina when the boat got back in port, so that we could drive it for a couple of days and then return it at the airport before departing. Everything went like clockwork!

We also had a flat tire while we were out exploring a remoter section of the island on a Sunday afternoon and they responded quickly to our call and came out and cheerfully changed the tire.

I thought that their prices were competitive and they were a great operation.

We used Grace Bay in May. I thoroughly photographed the car on pickup and again on departure. No problems, but I made it obvious that any pre-existing damage would be easy to contest (by taking a ton of photos). I was very happy with the rental and glad that the car was built for driving on the left.

We have been renting from Grace Bay Rentals each time down there, most recently mid November. Fast in and out, small cars, clean, friendly staff. Never had an issue. Highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom