Renting a house or condo in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were also looking at units with king sized beds for our Feb vacation. We found a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom unit with king beds, kitchen, and on site dive operation at Delfins Beach Resort. I found the prices to be far more favorable using sites like Hotels.com and Orbitz over booking directly through hotel website. Since the resort just opened this month, I think we got the 'introductory' rate. It will be our first time on the island not staying in a rental condo. I am not crazy about staying in such a large resort, but the pluses far outweighed the negative.

Looking at VRBO, some places state that electricity and water are extra and measured via meter (start and end). Is this the norm, or do I need to check with Owners/Reps that are mute on this subject in their descriptions?

Most will include a "normal" electric use in the rental and charger you by the kilowatt for anything above.

Just ask before you book

I highly recommend Island Time Rentals. We have used them for 4 years and will be going back again this year. Rob and Kristen are great to deal with. We stay at Villa Maya -- it is perfect for 3-4 couples.

Most will include a "normal" electric use in the rental and charger you by the kilowatt for anything above.
This has been my experience as well. It can also help to ask what sort of AC use they included in normal use. This can vary wildly. Electricity relatively expensive on Bonaire (0.31$/kWh iirc), and AC is probably the largest user.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom