repairing drysuit boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wannabedivin

Registered
Reaction score
I have a drysuit (Apollo) with integrated boots. The suit is in great shape howver the bottom of the boots are getting a little thin. According to the mfg, the boots are not replaceable. What I would like to do is to glue another sole onto the bottom the existing boots. Has anyone ever done this and what glue would I use.

I recently used a "glue" that was given to me in Indonesia two years ago, for a wet suit repair that I did not use, until last week called FREESOLE Urethane Formula with excellent results. I used it to repair and reinforce a Scubapro 5 mil deck sole bootie repair (not on a dry suit) that I was so pleased with, I ordered several tubes on the Internet for spares. I could not find it locally and had to do a Goggle search to find some. It worked much better than Aqua-seal or shoe goo. I would definitely use it again and plan to reinforce my new booties with it. It really sticks and remained flexible.

I recently used a "glue" that was given to me in Indonesia two years ago, for a wet suit repair that I did not use, until last week called FREESOLE Urethane Formula with excellent results. I used it to repair and reinforce a Scubapro 5 mil deck sole bootie repair (not on a dry suit) that I was so pleased with, I ordered several tubes on the Internet for spares. I could not find it locally and had to do a Goggle search to find some. It worked much better than Aqua-seal or shoe goo. I would definitely use it again and plan to reinforce my new booties with it. It really sticks and remained flexible.

McNett Freesole Rubber Shoe Repair Adhesive 1 oz

Boy, if it works better than Shoo Goo, it's gonna last! Thanks for the tip!

Dave C

Back
Top Bottom