repetitive deco dive plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deal Me In:
ok, here is my problem. i'm scheduled to do my mandatory decompression dive next week. as part of the class i have to complete a dive plan. now, my problem is on the second dive. on the plan, my RNT is 9 minutes. the second dive calls for a dive to 100 feet for 25 minutes and then i have to plan the deco and gas consumption.

now, i'm assuming that what i have to do is add the 9 minutes into the dive plan on the second dive. so that i would plan the dive based on 100 feet at 40 minutes. i'm using tables for this part of the question. is this correct.

the next question is for people that use dive voyager. i have it and i can't figure out how to make it compute repetitive dives. a buddy told me that it won't do it but i find this hard to believe.

thanks for your time.

are you adding 9 and 25 to get 40? Obviously not -but where are the numbers coming from? Or is it a typo?

the other thing that i was wondering are you also considering and figuring in your cns on your repetitive deco dive plan?
when i took the tdi course we had to write out a dive plan, but i have to be honest it was the first and last time i sat there and manualy figured it out with pen,paper and calculator
(i am in no way suggesting you do it this way just felt like telling you the way i do it)
i have been using the v planner sofware which i consider it to be the best in my book (once again my opinion and it also takes the moron factor out which is me making a mistake with my pen and calulator!) i write down everything on a slate
i dive with two computers and a bottom timer also

First off - I don't know a thing about deco diving or how to solve the problem. That said - without wishing to be nasty - I'm not getting a strong feeling that you really have this under your belt. Surely if you don't understand something you need to ask the guy who is training you the questions - even if it means revealing that you don't know it for sure. Isn't that the point of training? If someone here gives you the answer - you pass your test (whatever it is) - and your instructor thinks everything is OK and gives you a deco cert - would you feel that you were then 'qualified' to deco dive? From what I do know about diving, cutting corners is a sure way to die - it's for real. If I am going to look like a fool I'd definitely prefer to do it in front of my paid instructor, and not in front of my diving peers when I try a real dive, and people realize that I'm not 100% sure of what I'm doing. I know that you are doing a training that is more advanced than my level of diving, and maybe you think I'm out of place for commenting, but I've been following this thread - and I have to say it all sounds a little worrying. In the end I suppose it's your life, but I presume that there will also be others involved so I believe there is an extended responsibility involved here. If it was me - the only person I'd be talking to about it would be my instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom