Replacement Battery Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HarrierMech

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going on a trip and want to take a back up battery with me. Can I use my battery from my Olympus camera in my DC1200? It's a SDV-Li-42B 3.7v 2100mAh?

I am going on a trip and want to take a back up battery with me. Can I use my battery from my Olympus camera in my DC1200? It's a SDV-Li-42B 3.7v 2100mAh?
I wish. Did you compare the batteries? That is the one weak point to SL cameras - weak ass batteries. I think the Olympus DC1200 is totally different, as is the Cuisinart DC-1200 coffee maker - just similar numbers.

Amazon has several listings for SL DC 1200 battery and a spare is nice to take. Or, Ebay has cheaper, aftermarket batteries - and mine works.

I wish. Did you compare the batteries? That is the one weak point to SL cameras - weak ass batteries. I think the Olympus DC1200 is totally different, as is the Cuisinart DC-1200 coffee maker - just similar numbers.

Amazon has several listings for SL DC 1200 battery and a spare is nice to take. Or, Ebay has cheaper, aftermarket batteries - and mine works.

That battery is actually an aftermarket upgrade I bought while in Hong Kong. The volts are the same, but I'm just not sure if it will be ok in the Sealife..

That battery is actually an aftermarket upgrade I bought while in Hong Kong. The volts are the same, but I'm just not sure if it will be ok in the Sealife..
I doubt that it will fit the slot.

I haven't noticed much improvement with the aftermarket batteries. In fact, use of one somehow caused my camera to no longer be able to charge batteries through it. I had to buy an extra cradle charger. Afterwards, SL customer service told me that using aftermarket batteries "could" void my warranty. Their customer service is usually pretty helpful, so just be aware of the "warning" they offered.

Thanks for the comments concerning the battery for the DC1400.
Our Product Update page, DC1400 Tips and Technical Updates | Sealife Cameras has the following
5. Only use DC1400 spare battery provided by SeaLife
Using an aftermarket battery may cause damage to the DC1400 camera and void your warranty. Don’t be fooled by false claims of higher mAh ratings. The SeaLife lithium battery is sourced from a reputable and reliable battery manufacturer that meets our strict quality standards. Only use the 3.7V battery provided with your DC1400 camera or item # SL7014 Spare Battery for the DC1200/DC1400 sold in the SeaLife packaging (pictured below). Note: Some of the SL7014 packaging may be marked “Spare Battery for DC1200”, which is also okay to use for the DC1400.

sealife-dc1400-underwater-camera-spare-battery-package.jpg
sealife-dc1400-underwater-camera-spare-battery.jpg
SeaLife DC1400 Spare Battery (SL7014)
3.7V, 700mAh battery provided with camera

Back
Top Bottom