Replacement Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTC'83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
looking to replace Aqualung original 2nd stage and octopus hoses. Recommendations for high quality rubber hoses.
Thanks

I know Deep 6 sells hoses on their own. Don't know if they're much different than the hoses that came with your Aqualung set. They're the only place I've seen replacement regular hoses sold individually. Have you tried contacting Aqualung or a local dive shop (if you have any nearby that are Aqualung dealers)?

Piranha Mfg and Dive Gear Express. Though it is likely that regardless of who you buy from almost all are made by the same companies.

Normally I would have said that almost any reputable brand or source would be fine, but there was recently a quality issue with an OEM for many different brands and suppliers. So at the very least, be proactive in being sure that you don't wind up with one of these that made it through the supply chain.
Danicorp, Inc. Rubber Low-Pressure Regulator Hose Recall (Dive Rite, Atomic, OTS, Others) — Dive Georgia - Atlanta Metro Scuba, Snorkel, Travel, and Training!
Also, I typically would have said that as a retailer, I would often find better pricing from Innovative Scuba or XS Scuba than I would from the manufacturer of the regulator as a replacement item, but now I have to wonder if any of the US "gadget" suppliers have or had any Danicorp items in inventory. (My gut would have been that they were highly likely to be buying from Danicorp.) I am also going to guess that a manufacturer such as Aqualung that ships finished products into the US probably did NOT use Danicorp.

So, having provided that general background, I just checked my Aqualung pricing and my retail for a standard primary 30" rubber hose is $25.25, and a 39" yellow octo hose is $28.25.

Piranha Mfg and Dive Gear Express. Though it is likely that regardless of who you buy from almost all are made by the same companies.
their hoses are made in different places. DGX Taiwan, Pir in Italy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom