Replacement O rings for TekTite Strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
DGX lists them for $2.50, which would be fine if it wasn't another $8 in shopping. Not knocking DGX, order from them all the time. Just can't swallow $13 for .05 cents in o rings.

Anyone know what size to get? They're listed as 3C-9104. Does that correlate in any way?

Mine are excruded beyond hope. I havethoyght about matching them up, but maybe someone can help? The hardware store has all their o rings in little packages, I feel bad opening just to test.

Here is my model;

Here are the replacement o rings;

I bit the bullet and just ordered a bunch of stuff from DGX along with the o rings.

I'll measure them with a micrometer and see if I can get an accurate replacement and part number. I'll post here.

I tried to match them up at the hardware store while I waited and I got really close, but I was a size too big. The ones from DGX just barely fit inside the ones from the store, but the 1/16th is the right width.

This should absolutely be the right size

1-1/2" ID, 1-5/8" OD, 1/16" Width​

So I hope this helps someone in a pinch!

I tried to match them up at the hardware store while I waited and I got really close, but I was a size too big. The ones from DGX just barely fit inside the ones from the store, but the 1/16th is the right width.

This should absolutely be the right size

1-1/2" ID, 1-5/8" OD, 1/16" Width​

So I hope this helps someone in a pinch!
It's a size 029 made from EPDM according to Tectite. I purchased some from the oring store and they work fine. No leaks.

It's a size 029 made from EPDM according to Tectite. I purchased some from the oring store and they work fine. No leaks.
Well where were you last week?!?!

Actually, the size I listed came up as 029 on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom