Replacing battery in Suunto D6i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NHG

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I sometimes wear my D6 as a daily wear watch as well as a dive computer. However it died on me, on the first day of my last dive trip (yes, I know, i should have pre-checked it).

Well, I was quoted about US$100 to change the battery here, via a dive shop out in Asia. No way. I got the battery and together with a US$ 10 set of Tork wrenches changed it myself.

However now, I realise there is a battery ('VARTA 1/2 AA 3V Lithium') within the reg transmitter unit itself. Wish I had have figured that last week, but that's life.

So now we're bang on Xmas, most things are shut, if not on holiday/slow-time. I HAVE ordered a replacement battery a few days ago, but don't know when it might arrive.

So this got me to wondering... what if it was only the coin-cell in the D6 itself that ran flat for me? What if this 'CR1/2AA' battery in the transmitter is ok, at least for one more trip?

Hence my question. Without getting my regs and the transmitter onto a pressurised tank (which I can't do here), is there a way of knowing if my D6 can link with the transmitter? I.e. whether the transmitter battery might have a little life in it yet? (as there's no way I can get a replacement 'CR1/2AA' at the remote little place we're headed to.

(i.e. Pretty big trip planned starting next week, and trying to figure out the simplest way to get my staple gear proven functioning. Can one test connectivity without a pressurised SCUBA tank, and if so how might one do it?).

Thanks!

They are two separate batteries with two separate low battery indicators.

If it were the wrist unit you should have gotten the indicator when going into dive mode, if it was the transmitter I believe you would have gotten it when the transmitter was paired.

They are two separate batteries with two separate low battery indicators.

If it were the wrist unit you should have gotten the indicator when going into dive mode, if it was the transmitter I believe you would have gotten it when the transmitter was paired.

Thank you.

For the record it did happen when I was walking into the water on dive #1.

In any case I got a new '1/2AA' battery and have installed that. It was a simple job compared to the cell change in the wrist unit!

Back
Top Bottom