Replacing Uwatec Battery - What Kind of Oil?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone confirm what oil exactly is used in Uwatec Aladin Pro?
I can't confirm exactly what oil is factory stock. I would expect DC200 to be a good replacement.
Can anyone confirm they successfully replaced the oil, computer reads correctly the depth and has been working since (as of now - 10+ years)?
I can't confirm that either as I wasn't able to reset the DC after battery replacement.

-Sorry...

I can't confirm exactly what oil is factory stock. I would expect DC200 to be a good replacement.

I can't confirm that either as I wasn't able to reset the DC after battery replacement.

-Sorry...
:cheers:🤦‍♂️

I use paraffin oil and never have any issue over last 15 yrs on several Uwatec Computers.
Those paraffin oil for constipation is suitable as well.
The 3.7V battery with pin is more difficult to find.

The 3.7V battery with pin is more difficult to find.
I use battery with soldering tag, I do not remove the Pins from old battery, I cut it on the battery, than I can insert the battery with soldering tag on the old Pin construction

I have been using paraflo paraffin oil for 4 years without issues both on my aladin air backup and my girlfriend's backup computer.

Info from the supplier:
Paraflo 15 is a white, technical mineral oil. The product is mainly made up of a mixture of saturated paraffin and cycloparaffin hydrocarbons. As a result of intensive refining, this oil is acid-free and almost colour and odour-free.

I think mineral oil is indeed the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom