Republic of Panama Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flscubagal

Reaction score
I'm traveling to Panama in early Sept. I plan on diving 4 to 5 days. I would appreciate any current information and suggestions. I've read the 2 prior posts. My goal is to dive two oceans in one weekend. Trying to find anything special I don't routinely see in Florida (we are spoiled). Thanks for any help.

Check out Scubapanama at their website: DIVE PANAMA WITH SCUBA PANAMA; oldest diving operator in Panama. They offer both ocean diving. Diving in the Pacific is different. It's colder, instead of reefs you'll see rocks and they have bigger fish -- when you can see them. If you have 4 or 5 days, you might check out Bocas del Toro. September through the end of November is the best time for diving there. I highly recommend Bocas Water Sports. It will be difficult to do a two ocean dive on the same day, though. It's a hour flight from Panama City. Or, if you're driving, it's about 5 or 6 hours to Santa Catalina for diving off Coiba.

Check out Scubapanama at their website: DIVE PANAMA WITH SCUBA PANAMA; oldest diving operator in Panama. They offer both ocean diving. Diving in the Pacific is different. It's colder, instead of reefs you'll see rocks and they have bigger fish -- when you can see them. If you have 4 or 5 days, you might check out Bocas del Toro. September through the end of November is the best time for diving there. I highly recommend Bocas Water Sports. It will be difficult to do a two ocean dive on the same day, though. It's a hour flight from Panama City. Or, if you're driving, it's about 5 or 6 hours to Santa Catalina for diving off Coiba.

I think the OP mentioned he wanted to dive both oceans in the same weekend as opposed to the same day.

I'd PM the proprietor, Cappyjon. I'm sure he'd be happy to guide you even if you opt to make other diving arrangements.

I would be glad to offer any info that I have, but I think logistically speaking, Grant Williams hit the nail on the head in his post above. ScubaPanama is accustomed to organizing trips to both sides in a short time frame.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom