Requirements to Teach SSI OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contact the regional support represenative. Probably one of these two people.

South Central
Eric Peterson
512-392-0963

Western
Ed Salamone
559-225-0665

Since they would be the ones representing your area, they can answer any question you have with certainty.

I am an ACDE commercial diver however am only rec. cert.'d o.w. I would like to know what'd take to become o.w. inst. + Please email me at jaromig@yahoo.com if you can answer also please time and cost. I can email you with an updated resume with a list of cert.s THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND PLEASE NO BULLSH*T:D

Chrisski - see my previous post here for the general requirements of an SSI OW instructor. You can also go to PADI, SSI, etc web sites to get more info. From OW cert you will have to become a Dive Master or equivalent first, which requires Rescue Diver before that, CPR/FA, O2. So, you've got a few pre-reqs in front of you. Having some background or training in a few specialties never hurts. Don't forget to include liability insurance in your cost analysis. You will get fast answers just by visiting a couple of shops that have instructor training courses (not all do). Pricing will vary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom