Rescued a Horn Shark @ La Jolla Cove Ecological Reserve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbdqsony

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
:gorgeous:Scuba Diver Girls Margo and Occhi were leading a guided tour on March 20th 2010 in La Jolla Cove Ecological Reserve when they came upon an abandoned lobster trap. Margo spotted it first and realized there was a horn shark trapped inside! Occhi immediately picked up the trap and attempted to free the half dead shark by shaking him toward the opening in the trap. Margo realized the shark could not get out and reached in and by his tail, guided him through the opening. He escaped to safety! Margo and Occhi went back the next day with the intention of removing the trap but with big surf and lots of people at the shore, they felt it would be better to disable the trap and come back another day to retrieve it.

:yeahbaby:***I am one of their youtube fan, and this new video that was posted today made me smile and wanted to give each girls big warm hugs... they saved Horn Shark's life.***:yeahbaby:

CLICK HERE To see video.
YouTube - Scuba Diver Girls Rescue a Horn Shark

I see horn sharks in commercial traps on the backside of the island, but I don't free them... the commercial lobster guys don't take too kindly to "interfering" with their traps. Of course your find was an abandoned trap and a completely different thing. Kudos.

Margo, Stephanie and the others Scuba Girls are fun to dive with and really, really have fun diving. It comes a no surprise to me that they would do a Horn Shark a good turn.

Back
Top Bottom