Resort with good sites for shallow diving (15m)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

world_traveler

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
We would like to spend 8-10 days in the Maladives at the end January.
I'm looking for a resort / island with enough good sites for diving till 15m and snorkeling.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Diving in the Maldives does tend to be at the deeper end.

This year I dived Vakarufahli and Mirihi resorts. Both have house reefs that can go to 30m+ BUT given they are walls you can easily hover at a depth more comfortable for you. Both have good reefs for snorkelling before they drop off.

Next year I'll repeat Vakarufahli and add Vilamendhoo. Vilamendhoo has a very similar reef also. All three are worth looking at depending on your budget and their availability.

Thank you very much PugHugger!
You are welcome - I should have added, if price is of less importance the dive team and the reef at Mirihi are probably better suited for the shallower dives.

Vakarufahli is good but there is a strong current that was coming in every afternoon pretty regularly when I was there. We kicked for 20m against it before I turned the dive. We drifted to our start point in less than 6 minutes, not a single kick was made...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom