Restaurant Finds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking forward to Mingo's. As for Cielito Lindo, they are very stingy with the alcohol so we order beer to avoid said issue. I'm also planning on trying breakfast at Kooben Lab, we go for dinner and maybe pick up a coffee and salad after diving (while hitting up the pollo place next door) but brekkie looks GOOD.

Tzalam is taqueria (with booze!) that opened up a few months ago. Friends love it and the food I had was really good . It’s on 30 at Salas next to Dominos. Broad menu, good food, good prices. It is kind of well decorated (for a taqueria ) like it is targeting ex-pats but prices are basically local prices . Not certain what their business model but with good food at good price I am going to try not to overthink it. They have pizza also.

Unfortunately looks like they use Facebook primarily, but here is a link

[https://m.facebook.com/tzalamcozumel]
Took pictures of menus today

Attachments

• IMG_7430.jpeg
    IMG_7430.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7428.jpeg
    IMG_7428.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7429.jpeg
    IMG_7429.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 65
FWIW, the best meal my wife and I had during our two week visit to the island last April was at La Conchita del Caribe; it was our first time to that restaurant and neither of us suffered any ill effects from it. Also FWIW, people often blame they last place they remember eating when they have gastric distress, but it isn't necessarily the cause of it.
La Conchita del Caribe is on our list. Been hearing very good things about it for a while now. I just wish they didn't close so early. Agree with you on ppl blaming what or where they eat last when it could easily been from any other number of things/places.

...Also FWIW, people often blame they last place they remember eating when they have gastric distress, but it isn't necessarily the cause of it.
I would normally agree but in this case it one person was their 1st meal on island and the other was my wife (on island for a week) and they split the dinner and both got sick.

I would normally agree but in this case it one person was their 1st meal on island and the other was my wife (on island for a week) and they split the dinner and both got sick.
My anecdote [the plural of which is not "data"] is that it has been over 24hrs since our New Year's Day lunch at La Conchita del Caribe (it's becoming a tradition), and we're both fine....same as our previous meals there.

Not that it can't happen, or that any restaurant doesn't have an off meal, but there are lots of ways to get sick. The comment "and they split the dinner" part might have included something like "try some of my fish, it's great", passing along a bug that one diner brought in with them, through the shared food, to the other person.

Howdy all. In Coz now, last day. Tired of buffet food. Where to go for good Mexican?

Howdy all. In Coz now, last day. Tired of buffet food. Where to go for good Mexican?
Another 3 classic Mexican options would be El Moro , Casa Mission and La Choza. They each have survived a few decades on the island so they must be doing something right. Casa Mission has the best ambience (in the courtyard of a large home ), but I think it is open to debate which has the best food.

If you want more of a nice taco place Tzalam is new and good (you can see menus in my post in this thread )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom