Restaurants during carnival where reservations not needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anchochile

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any advice on restaurants for a solo diner that would not require reservations during Carnival this coming week? Don't need anything fancy - I'm looking for affordable, tasty, and of course hygenic food, walking distance from Casa Mexicana, where I can just show up and eat without worrying about the place being booked solid by Carnival crowds.

Not sure if places tend to book up - but I don't want to have to try multiple places when I'm trying to get that late lunch after diving.

Places along Melgar will be busy or reserved. If you walk back anywhere else you’ll find plenty of available restaurants.

Ooh, is this going to turn into a Coz restaurant thread, per the Rule? :wink:

I’d be surprised if the majority of places I like to eat even take reservations. There are loads of restaurants—just take @DiverN2H2O ’s advice to steer clear of the main drag and head down the side streets.

El Moro and La Perlita come to mind; they are well away from the crowds on Melgar.

You won’t need reservations anywhere except on parade nights if you want to eat at one of the restaurants along the parade route - no big deal at all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom