Results for Fall Meet & Greet: Sept 28-30, 2007 Gilboa Quarry

Which weekend for Gilboa Fall Meet & Greet?

• Sept. 14-15

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Sept. 21-23

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sept. 28-30

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Oct. 12-14

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula:
I take it the votes during from the time of the server loss are gone as well?

If it lets you vote then I assume your vote went missing.

Divin'Hoosier:
OK, OK ... I'll throw in a fancy XS Scuba Mini Retractor clip, a Fox 40 whistle and a package of bologna. That's my FINAL offer!

What brand of bologna? Throw in a beer and you have a date...uhm, well maybe not THAT way. :D

crpntr133:
What brand of bologna? Throw in a beer and you have a date...uhm, well maybe not THAT way. :D

Man you're tough. Oscar Meyer and a Blue Moon ... and that's absolutely AS FAR AS I CAN GO! Kids have gotta eat you know!!

Barracuda2:
Ok guys and gals, here's are our choices for Gilboa Fall Meet & Greet:

A. Weekend of Sept. 14-16

B. Weekend of Sept. 21-23

C. Weekend of Sept 28-30

D. Weekend of Oct. 12-13

Look at your calendars and let's pick one.

Second decision that must be made is where?

I agree with the arguments in favor of the usual suspect (Gilboa), but would like to nominate another possible one, although a further drive for some.

I recently went and dove Blue Springs with a couple of divers from Indianapolis. It has a lot of the same advantages as Gilboa, I think we can make the layout work just as well for being good for camping and diving.

It does cost more to get in (especially for those of us that already have annual passes at Gilboa) at 20/day. But, camping is by spot ($15), not individual. So, cram 6 people in those tents, folks! Also, fills are $5. So, total cost for a weekend could be same of less than Gilboa.

Yes, it is less convenient for the Michiganders in the group, but more so for those from Indiana and Illinois.

What about Tiny Bubbles, you going to second my nomination?

Ken

Notso_Ken:
Second decision that must be made is where?

I agree with the arguments in favor of the usual suspect (Gilboa), but would like to nominate another possible one, although a further drive for some.

I recently went and dove Blue Springs with a couple of divers from Indianapolis. It has a lot of the same advantages as Gilboa, I think we can make the layout work just as well for being good for camping and diving.

It does cost more to get in (especially for those of us that already have annual passes at Gilboa) at 20/day. But, camping is by spot ($15), not individual. So, cram 6 people in those tents, folks! Also, fills are $5. So, total cost for a weekend could be same of less than Gilboa.

Yes, it is less convenient for the Michiganders in the group, but more so for those from Indiana and Illinois.

What about Tiny Bubbles, you going to second my nomination?

Ken

With that being the closest quarry to me, I do have to chime in with a bit of a warning. Many of the locals now refuse to get air fills at Blue Springs. Their fill operation is less than ideal and often times their air intake, which at last visit was still INSIDE the barn, pulls in air filled with diesel fumes. Several incidents have occured recently with students in classes at the LDS I frequent getting bad air. Also, several local divers have found small particulate matter in their tanks and it has been almost certainly traced back to Blue Springs fills.

So while Blue Springs would be much, much closer for me, my vote would be against it. I'd MUCH rather come up to Gilboa, Portage or even Whitestar for the M&G.

Just 2 cents from a local diver who dives quite a bit at Blue Springs.

OK I have voted. :D First weekend just for my bestest dive buddy Jim. :D

BTW, the intake for Blue Springs air fill is outside this year. JP got fills the 4th and we looked for it before we unloaded his tanks.

Personally I would like someplace other than Gilboa. Nothing against Gilboa.

I don't care where we go as long as I can have some Keilbasa, and there is room for the bus.

crpntr133:

BTW, the intake for Blue Springs air fill is outside this year. JP got fills the 4th and we looked for it before we unloaded his tanks.

I'm glad to read your reply to the previous! I was starting to get a little nervous with two tanks of BS air sitting ready to go for tomorrow!

I've only dove the one day at Blue Springs, and I did enjoy it, some different things to see there.

But, I am glad to here the air intake seems to be taken care of!

Ken

crpntr133:

Glad to hear about the intake and I hope everything is taken care of. Personally, I'll continue to get my air elsewhere.

Notso_Ken:
I'm glad to read your reply to the previous! I was starting to get a little nervous with two tanks of BS air sitting ready to go for tomorrow!

I've only dove the one day at Blue Springs, and I did enjoy it, some different things to see there.

But, I am glad to here the air intake seems to be taken care of!

Ken

As long as it tastes OK Ken, it should be fine. In the two instances I'm familiar with the air had a very clear oily or diesel like taste.

Back
Top Bottom