Retractor that can be mounted through the grommets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescuediverrn

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I dive an Oceanic Islander 2 and I LOVE this BC. A friend of mine got it all set up for me and it's working great. BUT, I currently have my small light on a retractor that is hooked to a D ring outside the pocket and I usually lock it part way out and shove it in my pocket. It just isn't working all that well. Is there such a thing as a retractor or something that I could mount inside the pocket? Unfortunately because this is a travel BC there are no D rings inside the pocket. I have seen Pin mounted retractors but I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with these things. It would be so much easier to just put the light in my pocket and zip it up! Taking it out is easy, puting it back mid dive, not so much.
Tx

you can use a mini gripper and take it apart to run it through the grommet and put it back together inside the pocket. Innovative scuba and some other companaies distribute these.

They make retractors w/screw on 'buttons' that can be attached thru a grommet.....Leisurepro.com has a pretty good selection....I use one on my jacket bc to keep my octo/inflator from dangling....The 'screw button' has a point so you can press it thru the mesh w/o damaging it and put it where ever you want......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom