Return trip from He**

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RetMTFE

Contributor
Reaction score
This past Friday evening, a plane was taxiing on the airstrip in Utila and....I swear I'm not making this up....hit a cow!
End result....a dead cow and a plane with a broken right main gear sitting on the runway.
So, Saturday morning, since the runway was blocked, they (Laguna Beach) put us on the dive boats and took us to Roatan. Did I mention it was raining cats and dogs?
In Roatan, we were put on a commuter to San Pedro Sula and made our flight by the skin of our teeth.
All is well, right? WRONG. When we claimed our bags at customs in Miami, mine was pretty much trashed. They wrapped half a roll of tape around it and it made it to our final destination. Fortunately, all the contents were intact and the airline is paying for a new bag.
Good news......19 dives!

Dayum! I'd like this post, since everything came in intact, and you have an adventure story, but dayum . . . .

" After all arrangements for the passengers had been made, in typical Utilian fashion, the cow did not go to waste. Town officials directed for the animal to be removed and distributed for the population to consume. "

Bisteak fresco??

DC

So you had 19 great dives. Then you dealt with a dive resort that must have gone in the hole on fuel costs and paid captain to work in those ****ty conditions you just had to ride out while on vacation, and you made all your connections and all your stuff showed up on time without sleeping in an airport or losing thousands in gear.
Maybe you should focus on the length complete strangers went to in order to make your vacation (that most of those people could never afford) a success. Just a thought.

I'm not gonna club you over the head about it, but sounds like a GREAT trip to me. When things don't go as planned, that when the real adventure begins. I've been reading up on Utilla, and that sounds like my kinda place.

I hope you enjoyed and appreciated it more than we could read into it.:cheers:

The guys at Laguna Beach are fantastic. I have seen them go out of their way on more than one occasion to show people a great time and are always friendly about it. They probably trolled the whole way back to Roatan in the rain with a bottle of Flor de Caña and shared their spoils for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom