Review: I dove with PV Ocean Tours in Puerto Vallarta and…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I don’t usually provide reviews like this, but I felt like I should take the time in this case because diving with PV Ocean Tours for two days was pretty amazing. I originally heard about them here on ScubaBoard. The short version: They provided the best overall dive experience that I can remember. Marc, Alun, the captains, and the rest of the crew were incredibly helpful throughout our dives. They (mostly Marc as our divemaster) took great care of our gear, set everything up for us, made up a great gluten free lunch for me, provided plenty of fun conversation and photography tips, shared my enthusiasm for the underwater world, helped to find many different nudibranchs and seahorses, and even provided replacement pulls for my integrated weight pockets. Talk about going above and beyond! I’ve logged about 130 dives with many great dive ops, but these guys really stood out!

They only take small groups (on a small boat that seems perfect for the water in PV) and provide a lot of personal attention. I can't wait to dive with them again!

Also, the diving there was much better than I expected. Lots of cool macro life. Didn't get to see any manta rays, but we found 3 or 4 seahorses, maybe a dozen nudibranchs of varying colors / types, and a lot of very active octopi, eels, etc. Cheers,

--Kyle

Hi All,

I don’t usually provide reviews like this, but I felt like I should take the time in this case because diving with PV Ocean Tours for two days was pretty amazing. I originally heard about them here on ScubaBoard. The short version: They provided the best overall dive experience that I can remember. Marc, Alun, the captains, and the rest of the crew were incredibly helpful throughout our dives. They (mostly Marc as our divemaster) took great care of our gear, set everything up for us, made up a great gluten free lunch for me, provided plenty of fun conversation and photography tips, shared my enthusiasm for the underwater world, helped to find many different nudibranchs and seahorses, and even provided replacement pulls for my integrated weight pockets. Talk about going above and beyond! I’ve logged about 130 dives with many great dive ops, but these guys really stood out!

They only take small groups (on a small boat that seems perfect for the water in PV) and provide a lot of personal attention. I can't wait to dive with them again!

Also, the diving there was much better than I expected. Lots of cool macro life. Didn't get to see any manta rays, but we found 3 or 4 seahorses, maybe a dozen nudibranchs of varying colors / types, and a lot of very active octopi, eels, etc. Cheers,

--Kyle

Gluten-free eh? Marc always forgets I can't eat cheese and puts it on all the sandwiches. That's about the only bad thing I can say about PVOT though.

Gluten-free eh? Marc always forgets I can't eat cheese and puts it on all the sandwiches. That's about the only bad thing I can say about PVOT though.

Ha! Maybe he's gotten more attentive. I avoid dairy as well and he even included some non-dairy cheese for me. :)
--Kyle

Ha! Maybe he's gotten more attentive. I avoid dairy as well and he even included some non-dairy cheese for me. :)
--Kyle

I'll rib him about forgetting about the cheese but it's not like I'm really gonna complain about getting a free lunch :) Maybe now he'll remember for the next time I'm down there.

Is Alexandro (aka Alex) still with him?

I've been diving around PV several times and to me the diving is highly underrated.

James.....cheesegate noted and will be dealt with....

!Hola Alun! ?Como estas?

Of course you may not even know who I am--Jim and Mary, there in November and May of 2017 and Mary didn't make it to your dive boat a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom