Review: La Galigo Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True. 1st Indonesian president's name is Sukarno. 2nd Indonesian president's name is Suharto. :)

Dear Maxdiving

Thank you for providing the additional detailed information pertaining to the points raised with regard to recent experience with La Galigo. I have already forwarded this on to our boat manager and our company director is now liaising with boat in person to make a full investigation.

I would like to assure you that we do take the points you raised very seriously.

The boat is being overhauled to try and identify where the leaks originate from and the cabins are being refurbished.

The problems you experienced with fumes in your cabin are being fully investigated as part of the annual service and maintenance program.

The Nitrox compressor is also being serviced to ascertain why the Nitrox blend is not consistent and new analysers will be purchased.

I will review the way 3rd Parties promote the certification level of our guides. All our guides are certified divers with EFR training. In addition there is a program in place to train all our guides to a minimum of Dive Master in the future.

La Galigo would like to invite both yourself and the guest you shared the cabin with, to return to the boat as our guests, when the boat returns to the water. This will enable us to provide you with the level of service you should have experienced on your recent trip and allay any concerns you may have.

Dear La Galigo,

thank you for your reply and the offer you extended. I hope the issues with your vessel are fixable.
Regarding your offer to join you on another cruise, I must however politely decline. Time for holidays is a precious commodity even on itself and I prefer to spend my next diving holidays elsewhere.

Respectfully

maxdiving

Good on you @La Galigo Liveaboard Thank you for your professional response. I hope you are able to resolve your issues. I have been on plenty of luxury wooden boats in Indo, and yours would not be the first to have a leaky roof or a diaper taped to the roof. That being said it is most unpleasant to have fumes in the room. Unfortunately, it sounds like maxdiving just had a few too many things go wrong for his liking and this, coupled with a possible break down in communication, just exacerbated the situation.

@maxdiving ...I think as you become more experienced with liveaboards and operations you will find that things happen a lot (the list is long..)and sometimes you have to be flexible in order to enjoy the holiday. I do not think it was reasonable to expect you to sleep with the fumes but most of the other stuff is par for the course in most places. I have learned from all my trips on liveaboards (more than I can count on fingers and toes) that ultimately I am responsible for my own safety and my own happiness. I am glad that you at least got to enjoy a cold beer!

I spent a fantastic week on La Galigo around Wakatobi from 20 Sept 2017, with a dive buddy from Tas.

Pre- trip assistance was exemplary extending to La Galigo staff going to Denpasar airport to purchase internal flights for us while Lion Air's system was down for a day.

The boat, crew and diving was absolutely stunning. Safe, interesting, fantastic !

I tested my Nitrox of course and every test was on par with the boat's readings.

I am so glad I ignored the solo negative review above - I'll be back on board next year for sure.

Mark the Spark

My friend will be on Raja Ampat trip with La Galigo this March.
Will asked him for review after coming back home for sure!

Any verdict on the dry docking improvements on La Galigo? I am considering booking a trip in the coming year and am concerned by the previous review. Hate to think of spending thousands of dollars (and more precious time!) on a subpar boat.

My friend will be
on Raja Ampat trip with La Galigo this March.
Will asked him for review after coming back home for sure!

This thread made me very nervous! However, due to the responses from La Galigo I am hopeful that things are better now. I am booked for a trip this October, and am now having second thoughts. Mike, can you please ask your friend to post a review?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom