Review: La Galigo Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Read the new review someone just posted on here... So, does anyone still think this is just an isolated incident? The stories are so similar I had to look to see who wrote it b/c I thought the OP decided to rewrite this review again...lol.

I assumed it was the roommate on the same trip. Too many facts that were identical. Who asks for credentials from the dive guides - in 10 plus liveaboards have never seen or heard someone want that information. Does not make anything more or less believable, just the same trip both people in the room not happy. Too bad for all concerned.

Not sure if nitrox certification is different for other agencies, but part of my PADI nitrox certification class was I had to accept responsibility to analyze my tank and sign off on it before every dive. This was not just during certification, but acceptance of responsibility to do it for every nitrox tank from that point forward.

I have been on boats that had tanks labeled, but I still analyzed them myself. Other boats had the crew analyze in front of me so I could witness.

In order to analyse a tank, you should always calibrate the device with air from a tank with 20.9%. The OP stated that no-one knew what was inside ANY tank. How can you then safely use the analyzer without a reference gas?

The other thread by Seahorse_1977 was his first post to SB. I assumed these two knew each other..

I suppose you're right. OP said he roommate from was Germany, and the new reviewer is from "Asia", so I initially gave it the benefit of the doubt.

In order to analyse a tank, you should always calibrate the device with air from a tank with 20.9%. The OP stated that no-one knew what was inside ANY tank. How can you then safely use the analyzer without a reference gas?

That's why I said I felt that was a major problem. Someone commented that he uses ambient air to calibrate, but a lot of analyzers don't work well with that, and these clearly didn't judging by the other review thread.

The other thread by Seahorse_1977 was his first post to SB. I assumed these two knew each other..

Funny. I was considering them for a shop trip. Not happening any more. I believe these guys. I don't care about the dive guides but I do care about the boat.

I wave the analyzer through the air a few times. It fluctuates a little and settles to 21.

La Galigo Liveaboard

It does seem like it was the last trip of the season for that boat and all is being fixed...

Yes. Tom Simpson told me:
"The boat is in dry docking and maintenance now for an entire month, new cabins and full engine overhaul (standard every year), should resolve any issues outside of that related to the boat."

Hopefully, by November it'll be smooth sailing from Ambon to Sorong, sailing & diving in Banda Sea & Raja Ampat.

Yes. Tom Simpson told me:
"The boat is in dry docking and maintenance now for an entire month, new cabins and full engine overhaul (standard every year), should resolve any issues outside of that related to the boat."

Hopefully, by November it'll be smooth sailing from Ambon to Sorong, sailing & diving in Banda Sea & Raja Ampat.
What does "should resolve any issues outside of that related to the boat." mean? Weren't all of the issues raised by the cabin mates in the threads here related to the boat? Does he mean issues related to the crew, as was suggested?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom