Review of my "new" SP "Balanced Adjustable" R156 second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm perfectly happy with my Mk20/156 setup.
I find the Mk20 a lot easier to service than the older firsts, that is until Herman comes along with his new tools... See the story in the DIY section.
Plus you have the priviledge of being flammed both in the Vintage and in the Current section. :)

Hello Iseebigppl,

I don't have a web site, in fact I'm not even a certified technician. Like a lot of other folks here on ScubaBoard, I am a just hobbyist. I buy regulators on Craig's List, eBay, ScubaBoard etc and do my best at refurbishing them. I would keep every one, but in order to support my habit, and make room in my all too small closet, I sell some of them. In order to keep things simple I restrict my buying/rebuilding to a few models of older ScubaPro regulators. The first stages I usually deal with are MK2/5/10 and the second stages are 109/Balanced Adjustable/G250 and sometimes AIR 2s

The prices vary and are usually more related to cosmetics than anything else.

Cheers,

Couv

Over the past couple of years I have replaced all my newer Scubapro piston 1st stages with 5's and 10's.
I was just getting fed up with dealing with all the different pistons, coloured plastic and counting slots in saddles associated with the newer regs.
It used to be the case that piston regs were praised for their simplicity, small parts count and few moving parts, this is no longer true of 20's and 25's.

Does an MK2 count as vintage? Or is it another way to get flamed? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom