Review of the Cressi, Leonardo underwater dive computer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First from LOWVIZ post. Here is another thread with more information. Thank you.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co.../492111-cressi-leonardo-too-conservative.html ...//...
No, that is not another thread. It is the same one I referenced. A bit more attention to detail would be in order...

I've finally begun to understand the disconnect. Today's newer divers need a device that will serve up a single point, a "don't go there NDL" so that if they should get hurt it won't be their fault. If the DC they bought isn't letting them stay down as long as others then that is proof positive that they bought the wrong DC. Easy, just trade it in for a more macho one.

I started my training with a NE Atlantic wreck diving shop that taught me quite differently. I too am gone from this sort of discussion. My concerns center around the insidious effects that multiple "slightly out of protocol" dives begin to exert. I favor RGBM (or other bubble) models for this. I dive a VR3, Uwatec BT, ScubaPro hockey puck, and a Cressi Giotto. I pick and choose to suit the planned dive. They all suit me well as I hold none of them as gospel.

No, that is not another thread. It is the same one I referenced. A bit more attention to detail would be in order...

I've finally begun to understand the disconnect. Today's newer divers need a device that will serve up a single point, a "don't go there NDL" so that if they should get hurt it won't be their fault.

Today's divers? I read the PADI OW manual, and did all the exercises, etc., back in about 1990. At that time, it was exactly the same except that it was a printed chart that give you your single "don't go there" point. Now, it's an electronic device. Back then, I imagine some people chose to use NOAA or USN tables, instead of PADI tables, also to get more bottom time. What's the difference?

Or maybe "today's divers" means people that trained more than 25 years ago?

I'm glad to know that my PDC is super macho, though! Maybe I'll start wearing it when I go out at night to impress the ladies.

Today's divers? I read the PADI OW manual, and did all the exercises, etc., back in about 1990. At that time, it was exactly the same except that it was a printed chart that give you your single "don't go there" point. Now, it's an electronic device. Back then, I imagine some people chose to use NOAA or USN tables, instead of PADI tables, also to get more bottom time. What's the difference?

Or maybe "today's divers" means people that trained more than 25 years ago?

I'm glad to know that my PDC is super macho, though! Maybe I'll start wearing it when I go out at night to impress the ladies.
OK, look. Every time I mention RGBM I'm hounded and forced to defend every single word. Last time I stupidly said "amused", this time it is "today's newer divers". You win. It is indeed the proper way to get more bottom time.

That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, ...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom