Review: Orifice Installation and Removal Tool from Custom Scuba Tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Orifice Installation and Removal Tool from Custom Scuba Tools

In my last review Custom Scuba Tools Yoke Retainer Wrench review I mentioned another tool from Herman that I found to be very handy. I also promised a review sometime later. Well, thanks to the carpet people I’m finally able to move parts and pieces back into my work room to continue playing with my toys.

I wanted/needed a more precise and efficient tool than a flat blade screwdriver to remove and replace orifices of the second stage models I usually rebuild. Precise; not that a common screwdriver cannot be used to accurately adjust an orifice; but precise in the way it fits into the air barrel with no chance of causing damage. Precise in the way it engages the orifice absolutely perpendicular thereby reducing the likelihood of galling the blade slot. One might ask why not use an inline adjuster as they are designed to accomplish the same thing. True, but having to screw on an inline adjuster before final tune is time consuming and a PIA. The CST driver takes only a moment to fully run the orifice in or out of the barrel AND as bonus, the reverse end is designed to use as an extraction device. Simply install the tool in the air barrel opposite of the orifice and push it free. The end is designed to fit perfectly into the orifice so it will not damage the hard seat. The same end can be used to initially install the orifice making cross threading very unlikely.

Another great task specific tool designed and manufactured by @herman.

Thank you my friend.

orifice adjusting tool.jpg

orifice adjusting tool 2.jpg

orifice adjusting tool 3.jpg

I'm a hobby machinist and love quality parts that not only function but show the care that went into making them.

Well done!

Must get that one!

Back
Top Bottom