Review: Whites Fusion Drysuit - say goodbye to cave cut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My experience has been that the lycra doesn't force migration of gas in the suit. It does tend to slow down transfer of bulk amounts of gas, and, when in a single body position for a while, tends to "pool" it.

I have not punctured the suit, but can address gas behavior out the exhaust valve. As long as the valve is lower than the bubble of gas in the suit, the gas stays put. You have to roll the valve higher than the bubble to get gas to come out. In this it behaves like any other suit, just with a bubble that is easier to manage amount, and location, than the norm.

So I'd imagine that a puncture behaves the same.

All the best, James

Is there a P-Valve setup for these?

Yes, there is; you can get it factory installed, according to the website.

I'd like to know why this suit wouldn't be considered suitable for cave diving. I intend to own one, and I intend to use it for that purpose.

Perrone, don't knock it until you've seen one. They are unbelievably comfortable, and the mobility is fantastic.

Good review ... but what price is it where you live ?
Just checked the UK distributor ... and it's £695 ($1,376) here.

If it is much cheaper in US, then maybe an on-line purchase from US or Canadian dealer may be worthwhile.
The £ is certainly making buying from US attractive at the moment.

Well written review James.

I am curious about the dry times of the Lycra outer skin and the dry time of the soon-to-be-available Techskin (1mm neoprene).

One of the advantages of the TLS350 and other laminate suits is the near-instant dry time. How does the Fusion suit compare in this regard?

Well written review James.

I am curious about the dry times of the Lycra outer skin and the dry time of the soon-to-be-available Techskin (1mm neoprene).

One of the advantages of the TLS350 and other laminate suits is the near-instant dry time. How does the Fusion suit compare in this regard?

I cannot speak to the TLS350, but if the Fusion is fresh water rinsed, it takes about an hour to dry in a warm room.

FYI...the price Tyler listed is for the suit only. He told me Friday that package pricing for the Fusion with the Mk2 and Mk3 is coming...meanwhile, talk to your local dealer about a custom package, or feel free to PM me. I will ship anywhere in the US.

I do recommend that you purchase the Whites undergarmets with the Fusion. In 48-53 degree water, the Mk2 john Jacket is good for most people. Some will want the Mk3 instead.

I sold 3 Fusion packages this weekend. Everyone loves this drysuit!

Back
Top Bottom