rEvo breathing hose extension

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SavageSeaCow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone on SB have recommendations for extended breathing hoses for the rEvo. I have found myself having to turn my body instead of my head because the loops pulls and is uncomfortable. It’s a minor grievance but as a chronic tinkerer if there is a solution I’m always game to try it.

I think I bought some hoses from golem, came with coopers and weren't they stiff and crap

Turning the body and seahorse trim isn't that just what rEvo divers do

I'm used to it from when my wife pulls my ear

I use Cooper hoses on my rEvo. Got my current ones from Sub-Gravity.

But, IIRC, I'm using 20", which are slightly shorter than rEvo factory hoses. I think they do stretch out just a little, though.

Regardless, I'm 6' 1" tall and I don't have any issues with it pulling when I turn my head side to side.

Is it an option to move your unit up just a little higher on your back?

I use Cooper hoses on my rEvo. Got my current ones from Sub-Gravity.

But, IIRC, I'm using 20", which are slightly shorter than rEvo factory hoses. I think they do stretch out just a little, though.

Regardless, I'm 6' 1" tall and I don't have any issues with it pulling when I turn my head side to side.

Is it an option to move your unit up just a little higher on your back?
I’m 6’3” so that is part of it. The unit sits high on my back so that’s not really going to fix it. Like I said it’s not really a major annoyance but having an option for longer hoses could be great. Do you find the cooper hoses are pretty flexible? I’ve heard they are stiffer and get caught in the current.

I’m 6’3” so that is part of it. The unit sits high on my back so that’s not really going to fix it. Like I said it’s not really a major annoyance but having an option for longer hoses could be great. Do you find the cooper hoses are pretty flexible? I’ve heard they are stiffer and get caught in the current.

I don't think I have ever "noticed" my Coopers in the water, other than when they were new. When new, I think they seemed a bit short, but after a few dives I guess they stretched/relaxed just a bit.

I've dived it in some pretty strong currents and never had any feeling of the current pulling on my loop hoses.

Is it possible that what you really need is to adjust where the weights are sitting on your hoses? I think if they are too close to the DSV, that can make it feel like the hose is pulling.

I don't think I have ever "noticed" my Coopers in the water, other than when they were new. When new, I think they seemed a bit short, but after a few dives I guess they stretched/relaxed just a bit.

I've dived it in some pretty strong currents and never had any feeling of the current pulling on my loop hoses.

Is it possible that what you really need is to adjust where the weights are sitting on your hoses? I think if they are too close to the DSV, that can make it feel like the hose is pulling.
The weights are in the middle of the hoses but it could be that the corrugations are getting stuck in the weights when I do a positive/negative. I have tried to stretch them out when diving but I haven’t noticed a ton of difference. I can probably do the math and figure out how long they have to be to easily allow me to turn my head 90 degrees but I think I need about 2 in.

The other thing I’ve considered is cutting the little “frenulums” between the corrugations to make it more flexible. Not sure if anyone has tried that approach. I do not a good number of people have had the same complaint when rEvo switched to the silicone mares hoses from the original rubber.

@grantctobin The OP is 6' 3". I'm calling that a "large diver". He's diving a rEvo - a split-scrubber CCR.

The website says those hoses stretch to 3X their fully compressed length. So, a 12.25" hose might even be too long. Maybe. I think stock are something like 22".

Anyway, if the hose ID on both ends is right, it sounds like exactly what the OP is looking for.

@grantctobin The OP is 6' 3". I'm calling that a "large diver". He's diving a rEvo - a split-scrubber CCR.

The website says those hoses stretch to 3X their fully compressed length. So, a 12.25" hose might even be too long. Maybe. I think stock are something like 22".

Anyway, if the hose ID on both ends is right, it sounds like exactly what the OP is looking for.
It honestly looks perfect but is the cuff size right? I thought the rEvo was 36mm and 44mm. Will they stretch enough to get to 44 mm without ripping?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom