rEvo O2 Delivery System Modifications (HMHS Britannic prep)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have often wondered if the Revo solenoid and orifice could be separated such that they could be fed by two regulators; one variable IP, one fixed IP.

Then the solenoid and manual add could continue to work on the bottom phase when the orifice stops.

Appreciate this would require more internal plumbing for an additional line into the exhale counterlung which the factory would need to do, which would crash headlong into the CE type approval constraints.

Seems too complicated to me. For starters, it means two 1st stages for O2 which means two O2 tanks which means...

The other solutions, while not perfect, don't overly complicate things. Barring any unforeseen issues, the 13.5 bar IP 1st stage and revised orifice seem to offer the best alternative IMHO.

- brett

Could use a H valve.

Yes, you "could."

Practically, the idea of two first stages is a non-starter (for me at least).

I was also just thinking about valve shutdown (O2 boom) drills. Having two first stages just seems overly complicated. I'll stick with my solution. :)

- brett

In case people didn't see the note, I published my Trip Report about Kea. I'll publish separate posts about the three wrecks, including the Britannic, in the near future. Here it is:

- brett
Just read it and its a fantastic trip report.

Small oriface with high IP is pretty standard on kiss units. Slowly being phased out in favor of needle valves

Really enjoyed your write up, thanks very much. The logistics package and admin behind these trips can really make or break them, so understanding what is going on I always find really helpful as I look at bigger trips.
Rich

Really enjoyed your write up, thanks very much. The logistics package and admin behind these trips can really make or break them, so understanding what is going on I always find really helpful as I look at bigger trips.
Rich

Thanks for reading it and for the feedback.

Yes - I have been making more and harder / longer / more complex trips over the years and have built up a system. The logistics are never easy, but once you have done it a bunch of times, you figure out how to be more efficient.

- brett

Are you using a 0.0030" orifice with the higher IP?

Getting to the Britannic is a feat unto itself, nice

Are you using a 0.0030" orifice with the higher IP?

Getting to the Britannic is a feat unto itself, nice

I think it is 0.0025" given the small piece of red tape that Pieter put on the orifice (there is a picture in the blog post of it).

Yeah, the Britannic is amazing. Given the new legislation in 2022, the biggest hurdle is no longer the paperwork and permit process.

- brett

Back
Top Bottom