Rick Musgrave, Whytecliff Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sad to announce the Passing of my father Rick Musgrave at the age of 61. He passed away doing what he loved, apparantly due to a heart attack suffered while instructing a deep dive PADI specialty at 100ft (investigation ongoing). Thank you to all who helped out on scene and offered support to the family at the hospital. Rick started diving in Southern BC during the sixties, casting his own weights and making his own suits (due to the lack of recreational dive shops back then). He spent the last ten years working and instructing out of several dive shops around Vancouver and did recreational diving in: Honduras, Mexico, Dominican and other locations in the Caribbean. He will be Sadly missed

Stephen Musgrave
Strength in Depth

Hi Stephen

Please accept my condolences regarding your dad, Rick. With Dive & Sea I had the pleasure of working a few classses with him and certainly enjoyed his dry humour.

Stephen...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My sincerest condolences go out to you, your family and his and your friends.

I am very sorry for your loss.
We heard the call on marine radio as we were placing a memorial plaque for a diver who passed last year in Nanaimo.

We (local divers) were discussing this and when it was discovered your fathers passing was non dive related we also expressed the sentiment that at least he was doing something he loved. That doesn't take away from the sadness that those left behind feel though.
Our condolences to your family.

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of being trained by Rick, and certainly was able to see the love he had for what he did. It was obvious and everyone I trained with commented on it and the effect it had on the dives.

I believe that Rick was just as responsible for my new found love of diving as any sights I saw or any new experiences I enjoyed.

I will remember his laugh and smile; My thoughts go out to his family.

I did my advanced with Rick. He was very professional and capable. He inspired trust and his feeling at ease in the water was evidently transmitted to his students. My condolences to you and your family. He will be missed.

Stephen,
My deepest condolences to you and your family. I have had the pleasure of diving with Rick a number of times and he will be missed greatly.
SLB

Back
Top Bottom