riviera maya diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove PDC, Coz and the Cenotes all in one trip. My advice is skip the open water dives from PDC on the riviera and do as many Cenotes dives as you can while on the riviera. They're as spectacular as the ocean is poor. Then catch the ferry to Coz for reef open water diving. PDC reef diving is a very poor cousin compared to Coz. The Cenotes however are all different and incredibly beautiful. Pictures and film just can't capture it. You won't find anything like it anywhere. I used Cyan Ha for the Cenotes dives and Liquid Blue for Coz dives. Don't worry, they're all patient, pleasant and safe.
Dive Center Cyan Ha, Playa del Carmen's original dive shop, scuba diving, snorkeling and watersports Playa del Carmen Mexico
Liquid Blue Divers Welcomes You

I disagree. The diving is different in PDC...we have less huge coral formations but the sealife is 10X better than Cozumel's. I know because I make an average of 400-500 dives a year on Playa's reefs and 100-150 dives in Cozumel. If you had less than good dives on Playa's reefs, then maybe you should consider changing dive operators. ;-) Jus my 2psi worth!

if you are a novice going to PDC, can you make any suggestions on who to use from the list of operators?

if you are a novice going to PDC, can you make any suggestions on who to use from the list of operators?

I went to Playa for the first time shortly after getting OW certified two years ago. My first ever clear warm water dives post cert were with Jason (Playacountryboy) - I did my AOW with him and at that point knew that I'd dive with him every time I'm in Playa. We'll be down there for the 5th time in 2 years in December, once again diving with Jason. This time my parents are meeting us down there for THEIR first clear warm water dives - and of course we're diving with Jason!

Check out some of my posts earlier in this thread for examples of his videos and dive sites in the area!

I will be at the Occidental Grand Xcarat in Jan. anyone have an opinion on the dive services there?

angry face was thanks to my granddaughter playing with the keyboard.

:lol: Priceless :rofl3:

You have been given some good advice here. Not a lot that I can add other than to enjoy yourself.

I agree with the advice to be sure to dive the Cenotes. The area around PDC is one of the only places that offers Cenote diving in the world. We dove them with Dennis Weeks of Diablo Divers . I thought it was some of the most unique and beautiful dives ever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom