Riviera Maya water temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basheirt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will be diving in Riviera Maya over Xmas with dive shop at Gran Sirenis. Anyone know current water temp at depth (presuming 40-90 feet). I don't normally wear a wetsuit if temp are mild, so wondering if I should pack my 3mm full, rent a shorty (if they have them), or go without.

We typically encounter upper 70th around this time of year diving on Cozumel. So it's 5mm and a hood for me. Of course YMMV.

I was in PDC last month, it was 80-82, going again next month and supposed to be 79-80.

Another consideration might be whether you'll be diving any cenotes. In that case, I would suggest bringing the 3mm fullsuit.

We typically encounter upper 70th around this time of year diving on Cozumel. So it's 5mm and a hood for me. Of course YMMV.

We just got back from PA, and this is about right. I dove my 5mm Bare Velocity, and felt fine. No hood, though, but all the DM's were wearing them, so there's a message there.

I have dove there in a 3 mm in November, January and February and was cold on every dive. Thinking about taking my whites fusion next time.

Just back from Akumal. My computer read 25 - 26 C, divemaster's 28 C. That'll be 77-82 degrees to you. Buddy had a 3 mm full suit, I had a 3mm shortie over skinsuit, both of us ended up adding our hoods.

Snorkelling in one cenote was COLD. If I wanted to dive in water that temperature, I'd drive down to Brockville on the St Lawrence. Jeez.

If you can switch from the AI's dive shop to Blue Experience (whose shop is in the Grand Sirenis complex), I'd seriously recommend it. What a fabulous operation they are. They'd certainly rent you a suit that works for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom