Roatan Airport new rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a definitive word, 09/20/14
from Tim Blanton, resident...

Well, some great news from this Saturday's airport (9-20-14). Several concerned folks went to the Roatan airport expecting long lines, long delays and massive confusion. But according to everyone involved it was a "walk in the park" and "smooth as glass". The immigration team was increased for both departures and arrivals. The flow of foot traffic was only held up by the actual airline ticket counters. And even though several international flights arrived within minutes of each other the incoming passengers moved briskly through the process. This is really good news. And I do not think this would have happened without many "squeaky wheels" helping Roatan Airport get the "grease" needed to fix a major problem. Thanks to all those involved, including the Honduran government, for seeing a problem and fixing it in a timely manner. Yahoo!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

That is because political comments belong in the Pub. And racist remarks or bigotry are not allowed anywhere on the board. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

Funny how the mods shy away and delete "off-topic" posts if they relate to my politics but a discussion on memory remains.

a definitive word, 09/20/14
from Tim Blanton, resident...

Well, some great news from this Saturday's airport (9-20-14). Several concerned folks went to the Roatan airport expecting long lines, long delays and massive confusion. But according to everyone involved it was a "walk in the park" and "smooth as glass". The immigration team was increased for both departures and arrivals. The flow of foot traffic was only held up by the actual airline ticket counters. And even though several international flights arrived within minutes of each other the incoming passengers moved briskly through the process. This is really good news. And I do not think this would have happened without many "squeaky wheels" helping Roatan Airport get the "grease" needed to fix a major problem. Thanks to all those involved, including the Honduran government, for seeing a problem and fixing it in a timely manner. Yahoo!

Nice.

I'm pretty amazed at Honduras for implementing this new security system that will interface with the United States' TSA, that's pretty proactive.

Nice.

I'm pretty amazed at Honduras for implementing this new security system that will interface with the United States' TSA, that's pretty proactive.

Now you don't think this was Honduras' Idea and done on their dime do you ? :rofl3::rofl3:

Don't go political again, you'll bring the CMP back down here again. :crafty:

Hey, it's on topic, You suggest how amazing it is Honduras implements this system, This new airport rules system in a topic on new airport rules . Oh wait .................LOLOLOLSLOLS?????????? >>>>>>>>>> Okie Dokie , Done now
PLEASE, Do not stray from the topic, You can't really believe this was a Honduran initiative being done on Hunduran Lempiras?

**** DISCLAIMER***** NOTICE**** No Suggestion of any outside government or political party has been mentioned as this is a Honduran thing, Well? Sortof...Same thing being done in many Latin American and Caribbean Destinations, Guess they all simply decided at once to ask for access to the HS Database and caught the people on a good day and they all said sure, why not

Racist and bigoted, I don't think so but oh well. I'll make sure not to use "rednecks" in the future...wouldn't want to offend my friends, family and neighbors. In the meantime, I'll just keep my mouth shut and get in line. Forgot where I was...my apologies to all. Wasn't my intention to offend anyone and if they were offended, please forgive my indiscretion.

481 posts and now all quiet.

I've been unable to confirm this but a couple of years ago, was told that departure tax could be paid at the gas station at West End. Perhaps not right at gas station maybe next to it? Dunno. In any event is anyone else aware of this? For those of us that stay in the West End area, this could be an airport time saver.

I've been unable to confirm this but a couple of years ago, was told that departure tax could be paid at the gas station at West End. .

No, That is Bull..Ony.. There is a bank next to the west en gas station that taxes can be paid at when they are open but that fluctuates.. You can pay Departure tax 48 hours in advance with no issue at the airport , NEVER EVER Could departure tax be paid at a gas station even if Eldon is one of the wealthiest on RTB

Anyone ever use that "At-Your-Service" service to exit the country?
Seems to me that $76.00 a couple to save yourself a few hours at the airport might be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom