Roatan Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It really a shame as we get older regardless of excellent health and experience you can not blow bubbles with some shops.
We will be in Roatan in March. Contacted Roatan Dive Center for opportunities. They responded with this quote:
"Yes, we require a doctor's clearance to dive for 65 and above.Either in a letter or complete the attached form and have your Doctor sign it."
So buyer beware. If you are old better ask before you book.

It really a shame as we get older regardless of excellent health and experience you can not blow bubbles with some shops.
We will be in Roatan in March. Contacted Roatan Dive Center for opportunities. They responded with this quote:
"Yes, we require a doctor's clearance to dive for 65 and above.Either in a letter or complete the attached form and have your Doctor sign it."
So buyer beware. If you are old better ask before you book.
Not sure how asking for a medical clearance is the same as saying you can’t dive

Reactions: Doc
Walk next door. One is the same as the other. The majority will just take your money. Some just don’t want to be burdened by the possibility of increased service needs required by older people, others would rather have younger guests aboard for other reasons.

Vote with your wallet

I dove with them a week ago and I'm 65. No medical clearance was requested or provided. They were friendly and professional. Good experience.

They probably asked me about recent dive activity and I've had quite a bit lately. I wonder if that's the difference?

I dove with them a week ago and I'm 65. No medical clearance was requested or provided. They were friendly and professional. Good experience.

They probably asked me about recent dive activity and I've had quite a bit lately. I wonder if that's the difference?
Gary said it was their requirement. I like you dive a lot. Am Master Diver certified. I am 74 so what we are seeing is maybe insurance liability issues. Wife has been turned away for snorkeling because of her age also.

You may have better luck with Roatan Divers or Sun Divers then… I know both have had >65s on their boats with me

My wife and I did some dives with Coconut Tree divers last June and we're both over 65. We did have to fill out some information for their records, but I don't even remember any health question, although there probably were. They didn't make a fuss at all about our age.

I am 74 so what we are seeing is maybe insurance liability issues. Wife has been turned away for snorkeling because of her age also.

You do have DAN or smth alike? That's all they need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom