Roatan dive master internships

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Greetings. I want to go to Roatan to get my dive master certification. Can anyone give me reviews of any dive schools? Since the PADI schools teach the same courses/requirements, does anyone have any recommendations for which schools have good instructors? Conversely, are there any schools I should avoid?
Thanks.
Scott

I'm with one of the dive shops in West-End. Check out our website. We currently have seven instructors and a Course Director. We do lots of certifications which means you will get plenty of hands on experience with real students, as opposed to simulated. We encourage DMts to do their course in 8 weeks or longer. It's common for our DMTs to log 100 dives during their stay. We are close knit bunch who have great times together both in and out of the water.

That can happen anywhere of course...

Good luck in your search. Should you have any specific questions, send them my way.

I suggest avoiding the "you must send a deposit approach." It limits your options.

Best regards,

Marco makes a very important point.

The different dive centers are teaching the same course, but the DM course is reliant on there being plenty of REAL students for you to practice working with, that means choosing one that does a good number of certs every year to make sure you get the breadth of experience you want. Many of the dive ops in the Bay Islands certify plenty of students, so finding a good busy one that you like should be easy. Ask how many students they certify on average in a week in OW, AOW and Rescue.

Regards

Will

Hi Scott, glad you found Scubaboard, Marco and Will. You won't go wrong with these guys.
Deborah

I'm doing mine with Reef Gliders this summer. Can't wait!

I really liked diving there :wink:

If you will stay for a while it might be worth considering Utilia. It;s less expensive, fun, IMO more peaceful. I stayed for a month last year.

Utilia Dive Center has tons of classes & dm's & instructors doing certs.

Coconut tree is where I did mine, and would highly recommend it. There are lots of instructors, so you get a variety of individuals to work with, and far more students than the other west end dive ops. The course director Will is an excellent teacher, and will prepare you well for the IDC if you have an interest in going further.

There are lots of options in the west end, so you could arrive, check things out, and then decide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom