Roatan Dive Operators with 100 CuFT Tanks? And accomodations... West End.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanshark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking at heading down to Roatan for September 17th - 24th and staying somewhere in the West End. I haven't been to Roatan before. Are there any Dive Operators that have 100 CUFT Tanks with a Standard Yoke Connector? My primary reason for asking is that I am a bigger guy (though not a complete air hog) but would like to ensure that I don't impact my buddies bottom time. It isn't a problem in Cozumel to get 100CUFT tanks, but of course Roatan isn't Cozumel.

Additionally would that dive operator have specials including accomodation (Low to Mid range). I am an Experienced AOW diver (180 dives) and have my own dive gear so would only need tanks and weights. I'm fairly low Maintenance so don't need much in the way of frills...

I'd prefer not to do an all-inclusive (Coco-View/AKR/Fantasy Island etc) as I'd like to stay and eat in town (West End) and have a beer or two in the evenings with the locals...

I'd also be interested in doing the Shark dive. I've done one with Blackbeards in the Bahamas (Reef and Lemmon Sharks) and the Bull Shark Dive in Play Del Carmen, Mexico.

Thanks...

I went with Cocount Tree Divers and stayed at their cabins. They have 100 CUFT tanks and can help arrange the shark dive for you. You will need to take a cab down from the West End for it.

I am a big fan of Cocoview. No 100's, just 80s but after 5-6 dives a day you will find your happy zone and have no problem with hour plus dives.
One thing to remember with 100's and 120's. You are respirating that much more. Your nitrogen build up will be greater. Focus on slow and easy and the 80's will be fine.
If your main focus is bottom time cocoview cant be beat.
Going back for the 5th trip next week!

Native sons have got a couple of 100's.

They've also got one of the nicest boats to dive off of IMO. I'm a tad biased as I used to work for them though.

Another vote for Coconut Tree. I have dove with them a few times, they have 100 lb tanks (dove with a freind there that needed them), and they have inexpensive accomodations. One of the best dive shops on Roatan in my opinion, and I have dove with numerous dive shops on the island.

I will always vote Coconut Tree. I consider them my LDS (and family come to think of it:D). Just ring them up or send a e-mail. You won't be sorry. I'm trying like crazy to get down there myself! Might just be there at the same time you are. I usually start my afternoons at beer:thirty on the shop deck and then head down to Sundowners for a bit and a bite. You are on your own if you then want to troll down WE road as the evenings heat up. I'm usually back in my room and in bed by 9....I'm old and need all my strength for those 2 tank dives in the AM. Oh...did I forget to say that they are the only ones who do that? Two tanks for AOW in the AM...lovely!!!

Thanks folks,

I fired off an Email to Coconut Tree Divers and received a reply the same day. Now all I have to do is just to convince my employer that the world won't end if I go on vacation for a week or two. I was thinking I might do one week in Roatan and one week in Belize. but the cost to get to Belize is prohibitive from Roatan.

I've got to fly Delta (YYZ-ATL-RTB), so it's a Saturday to Saturday thing for a reasonable cost in September. Usually I like to do about 10 days when I go somewhere but the flight cost is prohibitive... for anything other than 7 or 14 days.

I am a big fan of Cocoview. No 100's, just 80s

FYI~ This is not true. I saw them with my very own eyes when I was there a few weeks ago. However, there is an extremely limited supply, as in maybe only 2 tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom