Roatan diving Anthony's Key

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just now reading about this trip... Only been certified for a year and want to go on a trip next year and am looking at all the options available out there.

So, the cost of the rest of this trip (minus deposit) is due in February?

Yes, thats correct. You will need to check to see if there are nay rooms left. But they have a 2 for 1 deal going on. I just paid for my my room this week. I am going to get my flight after the new new year (tax season) hopefully prices wont go through the roof LOL

I understand that a lot of cruise ships go to Roatan. How do their operations affect the diving from Anthony's?
Does Anthony's spray for mosquitoes and other bugs?

I agree--the reefs are in much better shape in Roatan than Belize. All dive sites pretty close and our DM was very good. Vis was good and we saw lots of life. We spent a week there in March and loved it especially the two for one special--you cant beat it. Service great, food great, accommodations very comfortable. We are going back in March 2017 again we liked it so much!

What was the water temp in March? We are going this March and I'm wondering if I need a 3mm wet suit?

What was the water temp in March? We are going this March and I'm wondering if I need a 3mm wet suit?

Skin or Wetsuits? Warm tropical weather is the norm, with little change in temperature from winter to summer. Average annual temperature is 85° F/29.4° C. Humidity is usually high, especially from May to September. Water temperature varies between 27-31° C/81-88° F. While the weather is consistently good year-round, during the rainy season (roughly October to January) visibility can dip below the usual 30-45 meters/100-150 feet. Daily highs around 87°F throughout the month of March/April and low temperatures are around 78°F. Water temperature averages 28° C/82° F.

I understand that a lot of cruise ships go to Roatan. How do their operations affect the diving from Anthony's?
AKR is the cruise operator for Carnival but the ship moors at Mahogany Bay (other lines at Coxen Hole) - both on the south side.

AKR dedicates a boat (1 of 11 in their fleet) to the cruisers and afaik they're not mixed with resort guests.

I watched the cruise divers return one morning and after a stop at the gift shop, they were gone b4 noon. Most of the AKR dive boats were still out. We only happened to be there since we did the single tank Dolphin dive that morning.

AKR is a great place worth getting a bungalow on the water. We have been twice last time was in 2014 . Great crew wonderful organized boats and dive lockers. When we were there the food was plenty we had 3 meals a day and all good. Drinks were a bit high but if you get the kayaks and paddle up the beach you can pick up beers and alcohol for a lot less. We also took the bus out in the street to west end to get any other items we wanted. Would no back again but have been to Roatan 4 times so many places to see. We enjoyed the diving lots of different sites walls,caves wrecks a bit of everything. Have fun

I dove with AKR from a Carnival Cruise ship back a few years ago. I was very impressed with the crew and the operation, and the dives I had are a VERY close second on my list of all-time best. I would definitely consider staying and diving with them in the future.

The girls and I want to get our AOW and I see that AKR is a PADI dive shop. If we get our PADI e-learning done before we arrive, can we arrange or work in our 5 dives? I understand that there may be an extra cost.

The girls and I want to get our AOW and I see that AKR is a PADI dive shop. If we get our PADI e-learning done before we arrive, can we arrange or work in our 5 dives? I understand that there may be an extra cost.

Please give me some time.... we are working on an answer.

Back
Top Bottom