Roatan interim place to stay for 1 night?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevitt

Registered
Reaction score
Los Angeles (with my heart still in Jersey)
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi. We're going to Barefoot Cay on Roatan in the first week of August, and trying to work out flights. For a bunch of reasons, it looks like we may be getting in to RTB one day before Barefoot has room for us. Any suggestions on where to stay for that extra night?

Barefoot Key, or for that matter, any resort handling your booking should be expected to handle this minor inconvenience for you.

The Executive Inn or the French Harbor Yacht Club (no website) are likely candidates.

If they have an empty room I can't see them not putting you up for the night. If they won't West End and West Bay have a number of low cost rooms for the night. But once you factor in the cost of the cab fare it isn't as cheap anymore.

Barefoot Key, or for that matter, any resort handling your booking should be expected to handle this minor inconvenience for you.

The Executive Inn or the French Harbor Yacht Club (no website) are likely candidates.

Yep, if Barefoot doesn't have room, they can book you a room in a clean, comfortable place. Contact John or Milese direct if you need to - they are very accomodating and may even provide transportation. They definitely should pick you up and bring you out to the resort on your arrival day.

I don't think the Yacht Club has reopened (if it did, its in need of a total remodel and tenting -- enough said!). Exec Inn is near Barefoot and would be ok for one night, but don't wander around the neighborhood there after dark.

If you want a different kind of experience on a private island and maybe a couples massage, try the B&B at Parrot Tree. They might do a one nighter with transport. Contact Angela through her website Roatan Hotel Massage Spa Body Treatments | Island Retreat at Sante Wellness Centre, Roatan Honduras -

I just can not imagine spending the amount of money your planning on spending for a week at a place and due to a scheduling conflict they will not bend over backwards to make sure your all taken care of. All we have heard from so many over the last year is how bad tourism is due to the economy, the political situation etc... Yet if they cannot help with such a simple thing then by goodness i would not want to pay them for a weeks time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom