Roatan Nov 1-8 Turquoise Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pdixon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Beautiful, secluded little resort on Roatan's north shore close to the best dive sites on the island.

$966 includesRoom, 3 boat dives per day, 3 meals per day accompanied by iced tea, lemonade, a soft drink, water or coffee, airport transfer and welcome cocktail. The 7 night package includes one night dive. Alcoholic drinks are not included. Night dives are weather permitting.

We have 4 openings, join us for a great week in paradise!!

This was quite an adventure. First one of our group was delayed out of LA, missed his connection in Houston, could not find a way to the island for over two days, gave up and went home.

We liked Turquoise Bay, nice rooms, dining room, etc. Menu was good, but got old after a 3-4 days. Beach is pretty, water was cloudy off the beach but there had been rough weather the week before. The cost was pretty good because the it includes the 16% taxes and hotel gratuities. Our total cost for the week was the $966. The only add-onÃÔ were bar tabs and dive staff tips.

The first two days the weather was coming from the north so they carried us across the island to dive on the south side, 2 dives per day. The weather calmed and we dove the rest of the week on the north side. On Wednesday there was a strike against the power company and the citizens blocked the road in several places. This make it hard for the dive staff to get there so we only make two dives on wed and thurs and chose to take care of gear Friday afternoon. Weather was windy, very little rain, temp in the 70ÃÔ mostly, water temp 78 to 81.

Only one large problem. I Walked into the compressor room and thought I smelled burnt oil. Looking around there was an oil line on the Nitrox broken, and the air intake for the Nitrox mix wand right above the compressor. I had made several dives and felt nauseous and thought it might be seasickness, but it could have also been bad gas. We switched to air (outside intake) and everyone felt much better. The shop credited us for the $75 Nitrox charge for the week, but this was a problem that could have been avoided if the staff had been paying attention.

Think our next trip may be to cayman.......

Hmmm,
I've been to Roatan. I was there in April 06. I must say it wasn't the best place in the world. The diving wasn't that great and the resort doesn't seem to cater for all comers it seems to aim at Italians and Spanish which isn't a problem unless you end up with a swarm of bees in your room and have trouble telling management because the people at the service desk don't speak English in a country where English is the second language and everything is written in English. But if you don't mind taking care any nasty surprise on your own, it should be ok.

Oh. And regardless of what they say, try to not drink the water.

Hmmm,
I've been to Roatan. I was there in April 06. I must say it wasn't the best place in the world. The diving wasn't that great and the resort doesn't seem to cater for all comers it seems to aim at Italians and Spanish which isn't a problem unless you end up with a swarm of bees in your room and have trouble telling management because the people at the service desk don't speak English in a country where English is the second language and everything is written in English. But if you don't mind taking care any nasty surprise on your own, it should be ok.

Oh. And regardless of what they say, try to not drink the water.

Sounds like your trip was not a good one! Sorry you didn't see the Roatan I see! Great diving and beautiful Reefs! The island spoke English longer than Spanish, but the government changed that! You must have been on the west end where they cater to Europeans.... You should have Tried BIBR, AKR, and yes Coco View! All have great diving and very good service with excellent DMs! Look at these and then tell me the diving isn't good!
Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services

345__MG_6844_Full_Yellow_Sea_Horse_BIBR_08.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom