Roatan vs. Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He owns the fear! So I would say it is his fear then your afraid is correct! The fear belongs to him just like his wallet that he is afraid of getting stolen! :rofl3: So get a job teaching English the schools are already screwed up! :popcorn:

Afraid is an adjective. You can't own an adjective. In the sentence that you originally constructed, you're is correct.

As for the way English, not to mention math & science is taught in American schools...I have to agree that it sucks. That's why I prefer talking to fish. They make more sense than a lot of people do.

BTW try Bay Islands Beach Resort! Dive the same day! Pick up at the airport on time! Shorter drive! smaller! Great boats! Spooky channel!

I agree with Papa Bear on this one. I have been to both CoCoView and Bay Island Beach Resort. I liked CoCoView and would go back. But in my opinion, Bay Island Beach Resort was better. The rooms at both were about the same but hands down, the food at BIBR was way better. There was nothing at CoCoView I couldn't/didn't eat but the food is really great at BIBR and plenty of it.

I also like the fact that of the 4 boat dives you do, three are actually different locations with the 4th being a dropoff at Spooky Channel. I also like the diving on that side of the island better.

We dove Roatan last year and stayed at Anthony's Key Resort. Loved the resort, loved the diving, but we will not go back again. The main reason was simply the unrelenting humidity and bugs. We could not step outside without dousing ourselves in bug spray, which started to get old really fast. The humidity made it that much more miserable.

We're going to Bonaire this summer and I expect that since it's a more desert climate there will be less humidity. I hear the worst of the bug problem is mosquitoes but since we're from NJ we're used to that. At home we only have to wear bug spray when going out at night- I'm curious if Bonaire will be the same way.

Well. on my two trips to Cocoview - we just went diving the day we arrived - acted like we had been there for a month - didn't say anything to anyone and off we went.

No one said a word. The first time was with someone that had been there at least 15 times. The second time we just went!

Well. on my two trips to Cocoview - we just went diving the day we arrived - acted like we had been there for a month - didn't say anything to anyone and off we went.

No one said a word. The first time was with someone that had been there at least 15 times. The second time we just went!

Our variation on your theme resulted from arriving on Sunday, instead of the usual Saturday. Interesting, actually, that their reservations agent was not even aware of a Sunday flight. Anyway, we were picked up at the airport and made it to CCV just fine. Once there, however, we had to move our own bags, find someone to tell us which room we had, then find someone to tell us when the orientation would be. Took 20 min to find someone who asked if we had been to CCV previously. When we said, "Yes," he said, "Well then, you know how things work." So, we just went and did our own checkout dive and continued from there the next AM. Apparently, they are not staffed for Sunday arrivals and different rules may apply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom