Rock boots or Turbo Soles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have never dove with turbo soles, but let me just tell you...

I HATE MY ROCK BOOTS!

I had to buy another set of fins. I find them bulky and akward.

I also dont like the neck ZIP seal. guess i dont have enough space between neck and edge of shoulder...so the collar for the zip seal is actually under the straps for my trans pac. Which leaves brusies on my collar bones from the weight of the HP100's. (sorry, off topic)

I've gone back and forth, and prefer Rock boots, (Bare Trek boots, actually),. if you have spent a lot of time in waders, as I do, and I have fat feet that can ache,. -the best system I found is to use a thin wicking sock, (silk, polypro) -then a heavy loft sock.. (wool fishing type) These typically have a better fit and stretch than the "drysuit footies", although if you ended up with wet feet, thinsulate would help. With this system, you have ankle support, arch support, and can climb and walk all day, your feet should be breathing. The only advantages (I think) of the attached boots are a faster gear up, and you can't forget your boots! If I only ever dove from a boat or through the ice I might feel differently, but I always seem to be hiking to get down to the water.

I just had the Turbo Soles removed from my DUI suit. I know that will send a gasp of horror out of the throats of many DUI aficionados, but the Turbo soles just didn't work for me.

So I now have just plain foot pockets, and I bought a pair of DUI rock boots which I like, especially the "quick do up" -- non-lacing or unlacing feature.

But my question is: What does one do with the long piece of shoelace that remains once the boot is done up and the lace is secured in the Velcro thingy at the back?

I asked my mommy but she didn't know either. :shakehead:

S.

So I now have just plain foot pockets, and I bought a pair of DUI rock boots which I like, especially the "quick do up" -- non-lacing or unlacing feature.

But my question is: What does one do with the long piece of shoelace that remains once the boot is done up and the lace is secured in the Velcro thingy at the back?

I don't use the plastic cinch clip or Velcro lace clasp. I wear my laces pretty loose and then just tie a doubled bow knot. Here's a pic from DUI's site showing what they do with it.

Dave C

2006_boots_action.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom