Rock Lake 19th-20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rookers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was in Rock Lake on the 19th and 20th. It snowed a good deal of the time, but the water was fine at 55F with about 35ft vis. Mostly did tech skills drills with a couple of 'tourist' dives. There is a nice crystal 'flower' with some thin 5" crystals at about 70' toward the south of the entrance. There were some turtles and bass about also.

I posted some surface pictures here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=2205

The drive home on Sunday was challenging.

rookers:
I was in Rock Lake on the 19th and 20th. It snowed a good deal of the time, but the water was fine at 55F with about 35ft vis. Mostly did tech skills drills with a couple of 'tourist' dives. There is a nice crystal 'flower' with some thin 5" crystals at about 70' toward the south of the entrance. There were some turtles and bass about also.

I posted some surface pictures here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=2205

The drive home on Sunday was challenging.

35 foot vis sounds nice, and that water temp is not bad either.

I would have liked to see some UW photo's, but with all that gear you guys are wearing, I think a camera would break you! :D

So how was the pass? The drive overall? We are thinking of doing our quarterly hole trip in Feb, but the road conditions worry me a bit.

Rock Lake has stairs now? Dates me :) Last time I was there had to be the late 80s...

Roak

Rock Lake has stairs now?
The stairs were added by a group from Flatiron's Scuba in Broomfield. Everyone who uses them owes thanks/money/homage. :wink:

My strobe is busted or I would have dragged the camera along for the tourist dives.

The drive was actually fine both ways except for just north of Pueblo until North Denver. It was slow in there. Raton Pass was bangin' easy.

rookers:
The stairs were added by a group from Flatiron's Scuba in Broomfield. Everyone who uses them owes thanks/money/homage. :wink:

My strobe is busted or I would have dragged the camera along for the tourist dives.

The drive was actually fine both ways except for just north of Pueblo until North Denver. It was slow in there. Raton Pass was bangin' easy.

Yes, the 'new' stairs was a most excellent addition to rock lake.

Man, it sure is nice coming out of the water w/ those stairs compared
to that old vertical climb of death....

Rookers glad you got some good dives in.

bob

Bob,
Now I know you guys are crazy!!!! I start shivering just looking at those photos!
Full face mask! Isn't that cheating!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Dove Perch Lake last year with 34 degree water and thought I was nuts!!!

Looks like fun. I'm getting anxious from not being in the water for a month or so.

rock lake? I must live a bit far north, where is this place? were hoping to make it to Santa Rosa in a month or so, Ill post when we go, but its a little bit more of a drive for us... Weve talked about doing Blue Lake near Wendover in a cpl of weeks if thats doable for anyone...
Clay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom