Roll Call Gulf Coast

What areas (list all that apply) do you dive.

• Panama City

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Destin

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Pensacola

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Orange Beach / Gulf Shores

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mississippi / Louisiana

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mucho Flower Gardens then east to PCB (I won't include freshwater, but I like albino crawdads for the most part). Mostly on all the darn oil platforms south of Louisiana that are getting gutted below the mudline by the current administrations "IDLE IRON" policy (let's go green why don't we, plus shrimpers love it since they can’t seem to operate the nets around an insanely obviously marked underwater obstruction on modern electronic charts&#8230:wink: since the infamous blowout! So much upper water column eco system lost with all the artificial reefs we call platforms being removed!! Truly will be a game changer for our area in the Gulf. It's where I cut my teeth 30+ years ago. It's the one place I can run my boat out 50 or 70 miles into no man's land, drop down solo and truly forget all my inconveniences with no rules, nobody insight above or below the waterline for miles and miles, it’s a great lonely feeling. Sorry I slipped off on that tangent but you asked :) It's all good I guess, had plenty of spiritual moments out there so I feel lucky in that sense, I'm just pi**ed at the ongoing loss. It's a treasure to me and many others.

Last edited:
I have never understood the lack of real concern on the part of the environmental movement about the habitat created by the rigs. As texas and la divers we have actually seen the beautiful habitat's created by these structures. The other never mentioned benefit is what these structures have meant for the birds migrating that use these structures as rest stops. The idle iron policy will actually kill more birds than any windfarm ever will.

Back
Top Bottom