Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone,

Heather and I were talking on the way back from the Scuba Challenge on Saturday. Coming up with Ideas for this year.

Who considers themselves to be a member of the Lake Effect Divers??

If we planned 1 Club dive each month would you be interested?? (probably a Charter with Osprey, the Favors, or Dwight)

Anyone interested in a St Lawence Livaboard?? (2,3 or 4 days)

Usually we kick off the season with DUI Demo Days at Dutch Springs. This year it's May 19th and 20th. We go with Discover Diving (package includes hotel). Who's going??

Thanks for your replys!!
Looking forward to a great Season!!

Rick

PS. Debbie and I will be doing our usuall trip to Grand Bahama, probably in October. If anyone is interested in Joining us PM me!! With me being an Instructor, you could also do training on this trip if you wanted. We stay at Ocean Reef Yacht Club and Resort. We Dive with Grand Bahama Scuba.

I'd like to be... when i get back..... by the way so far here in West Palm Beach, its low 80's today, water temp is 75, caught about a dozen lobsters in 4 days of diving, and 13 dives so far.

Seriously, I'd like to be a member, meet some of the other divers. espically if there are any others with weird schedules like mine who can dive on week days.

Dan

Firediver32:
I'd like to be... when i get back..... by the way so far here in West Palm Beach, its low 80's today, water temp is 75, caught about a dozen lobsters in 4 days of diving, and 13 dives so far.

Seriously, I'd like to be a member, meet some of the other divers. espically if there are any others with weird schedules like mine who can dive on week days.

Dan

Sounds nice!! Wish I was there too!!

Diving? What's that? :wink:

Of course I consider myself a LED HED, it just doesn't feel like it lately. :crying:

Derek, What about getting the website for us back up and running?

Like Rick said, why not plan one dive a month, charter dive or whatever.

Dan-We'd all like to get out with you!! Either join us on a charter or we can split the gas and go where ever you want to take us in your boat!!! Did the Pete get her permenant mooring this year?

Also I'd still like to get a CPR class together. I know my cert has expired. Rick thought he could still teach it. Anyone else interested? Dan-I know you have yours!

Just a quick look at DD site:
May 13 Osprey Charters - Dive the "George Whalen" 8:00 AM
May 26 Osprey Charters - Dive the "St. James" 2:30 PM
Jun 10 Osprey Charters - Dive the "Andrew B." 8:00 AM
Jun 10 Osprey Charters - Dive the "Dean Richmond" & "Indiana" 2:30 PM
June 20 Niagara River Drift Dive 6:00 PM
Jun 24 Osprey Charters - Dive the "Trade Wind" & "Crystal" 8:00 AM
Jun 25 Osprey Charters - 3 Dives with Lunch (Boland, Richmond, Indiana) 10:00 AM
Jul 4 Osprey Charters - Dive the "Schooner G" 10:00 AM
Jul 7 Osprey Charters - Dive the "Betty Hedger" & "Carlingford" 8:00 AM

I probably can't dive until June cause I don't have a dry suit, but that Jun 25th dive looks mighty nice!!!

I'm out of town the first 2 weeks in July. Anyone wanna join me in Plattsburgh?

hnladue:
Derek, What about getting the website for us back up and running?

Like Rick said, why not plan one dive a month, charter dive or whatever.

Dan-We'd all like to get out with you!! Either join us on a charter or we can split the gas and go where ever you want to take us in your boat!!! Did the Pete get her permenant mooring this year?

Also I'd still like to get a CPR class together. I know my cert has expired. Rick thought he could still teach it. Anyone else interested? Dan-I know you have yours!

Just a quick look at DD site:
May 13 Osprey Charters - Dive the "George Whalen" 8:00 AM
May 26 Osprey Charters - Dive the "St. James" 2:30 PM
Jun 10 Osprey Charters - Dive the "Andrew B." 8:00 AM
Jun 10 Osprey Charters - Dive the "Dean Richmond" & "Indiana" 2:30 PM
June 20 Niagara River Drift Dive 6:00 PM
Jun 24 Osprey Charters - Dive the "Trade Wind" & "Crystal" 8:00 AM
Jun 25 Osprey Charters - 3 Dives with Lunch (Boland, Richmond, Indiana) 10:00 AM
Jul 4 Osprey Charters - Dive the "Schooner G" 10:00 AM
Jul 7 Osprey Charters - Dive the "Betty Hedger" & "Carlingford" 8:00 AM

I probably can't dive until June cause I don't have a dry suit, but that Jun 25th dive looks mighty nice!!!

I'm out of town the first 2 weeks in July. Anyone wanna join me in Plattsburgh?

Heather,
Some of those dives are beyond your max depth!!

Rick,

Just coping and pasteing from DD!! I know a bunch of those are too deep for me.

Even though I was the one that invented the Lake Effect Divers club name, I'm no longer in the region. Not sure if any of you knew this or not - I graduated from RIT last spring and now I'm in Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom