Romblon Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevinl4270

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering if anyone had done any diving around Romblon Island or even been to the Island itself. I have been able to find very little online. One resort run by a Swiss couple was about it. Thanks.

Kevin,
I have been to Romblon Romblon. I spent just over a week there. We stayed in Romblon Town at a small Hotel, it was a nice little place but very difficult to find and they dont advertise. We dove with a guy named Pedro who spends around 8 months in Romblon and 4 months in the Italian Alps. I am basing this on almost two year old knowledge but I dont think there is any organized dive center/bizness. Diving was OK, the highlight was a genuine Blue Hole at the very tip of Tablas. We made the crossing from Romblon Town. I was searching for contact info for the hotel but could not find it. Good luck.

Cheers
Roger

PS some friends are scheduled to go back over there early Apr, when are you planning on going?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not yet sure when I will be going there. I have seen lots of great real estate deals in the area. Just doing some forward planning.
I saw an article on the area that said there are some rebel bases there and that they had recently launched an attack on government forces from Romblon Island.
Hard to tell how true it may be. But the land adverts make it look like a pretty undeveloped place.
I will keep searching around, and as always thanks for you help and insight.

Yeah those were the folks I had found. They seem to have set up a fund to help local kids go to school, and that's a win in my book. Their charity site is in German though. And Swiss German at that.
I will have to drop them a line to check on the diving there.

just for the record:

there is not such as "swiss german" in writing. before the age of the cell phone we did all our correspondence in "high german" however since the kids are texting swiss german is now written too (only in txt's and mails. no rules though.

i learned myself about this outfit. they not only support school fees and material they help also the very poor with medical needs and food

this all sounds so good, i am trying to see this place myself.

you local guys have any ideas how to reach, besides the the connection out of batangas?

Sorry my german is getting way too rusty. I can speak it and understand it pretty well, but I have a hard time reading and writing Hohe Deutsch. (See I can't remember if that needs an umlaut) (Or now that I think maybe it's hoch?) But it does seem like they are really doing some good work there, and I really applaud that. It's really nice to see.
I am going to try to get there next year for my vacation, if I can find out some more information. I thought I had read that the Island group (Romblon, Tablas, and Sibuyan) are serviced by and airport, but I can't seem to find any flight information. Tablas and Tugdan airports are there, but not sure what airlines go there. Maybe charters only??
Thanks as always in advance for any info!

And just to spread the word further, please read the link in my signature block. Thank you!

I thought I had read that the Island group (Romblon, Tablas, and Sibuyan) are serviced by and airport, but I can't seem to find any flight information. Tablas and Tugdan airports are there, but not sure what airlines go there. Maybe charters only??
Thanks as always in advance for any info!
don't know if SEAIR it is still servicing Romblon..

http://www.flyseair.com/

They (Seair) have a service between Manila and Tablas. They also say on the site there are two marine sanctuaries in the area. Awesome. Now I really have to get searching. Thanks for you input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom