Romon's Village in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gtoph

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Our travel agent has recommended Romons Village as a place to stay for a few days in Belize, but we've seen about a perfect split on the reviews, though many are a little old. Has anyone actually stayed here within the last couple of months? Would you recommend it?

thanks all.

stayed there last year. It was good. Lots of dive boats going out all day long. very convenient as they leave from their own pier in front of the resort. Lockers enable you to leave your stuff there over night.
If I was ever to go back to amberguis, that is where would stay.....

Gtoph-

Totally depends on what kind of vacation you are looking for. Want an environment where you are in the middle of town and can go out every night? I'd say Ramon's is perfect.

Want your own "Giligan's Island" experience. Perhaps not.

Tell us what you are looking for from your vacation and we can probably help.

Gtoph-

Totally depends on what kind of vacation you are looking for. Want an environment where you are in the middle of town and can go out every night? I'd say Ramon's is perfect.

Want your own "Giligan's Island" experience. Perhaps not.

Tell us what you are looking for from your vacation and we can probably help.

Actually we're catching the nekton, but we wanted to stay a few extra days before we board... just because we can :wink:

Most likely won't do any diving, but though we could do the snorkel trips to shark ray ally or whatever else they might offer.... other than that, maybe visit town, see what's there, relax on the beach, enjoy being away from home, ya know, the usual non-dive things :)

Like I say, my wife has been reading a mix bag about the place, so just wondered if anyone was there recently. I think her other choice is white sands cove.

We stayed at Ramon's Village for a week In May...Loved it! We had a really great time. The rooms are lovely and the entire staff was friendly, entertaining and accommodating. One evening our group was relaxing on one of the seaside decks. When it got time for dinner, nobody wanted to move to the tables...no problem...they brought out menus and served us right there. The cabanas are quite nice with thatched roofs, which is something we never see at home. I really felt like a tropical paradise. In addition, the diving was spectacular and the Ramon's dive operator and our Dive Master could not have been any better. The entire experience was wonderful! We will definantly go back to Ramon's.

thinking on going here myself in july 08 ... wondering if its far from the main land as wify does not dive... I do but we would like to chrck out te ruins as well... any idea on travel time between the main lnd and ramons??? particularly from the int. airport? traveling with little kids changes everything... is ramons a family freindly resort? thanks....

thinking on going here myself in july 08 ... wondering if its far from the main land as wify does not dive... I do but we would like to chrck out te ruins as well... any idea on travel time between the main lnd and ramons??? particularly from the int. airport? traveling with little kids changes everything... is ramons a family freindly resort? thanks....

From what I've read, from BZE it's about a 45 minute plane trip, or 60-90 minute boat ride. The planes leave pretty much every hour and run just over $100 RT.... boats seem to be around half of that.

Ambergris Caye is a 20 minute flight from the international or municipal airport. The flight will cost about $110 return to/from international and half that return to/from municipal.

It's a $20US return, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hour water taxi to/from the mainland.

Ramon's is a very friendly resort. However, IMO, you can do better for your dollar next door at The Palms. You can dive with Ramon's if you choose regardless of where you stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom