Rubber or braided hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From DGX:

we offer - Polyester is much more flexible, a third lighter, UV & kink resistant and enormously stronger.
Does it apply to all the hoses, rubber and braided?
And Polyether is the preferred material. Right?

Last edited:
original miflex for everything.. I know they are coming out with a coated miflex soon (saw the prototype a few weeks ago) which is the miflex coated in a thin see through resin. A touch stiffer than standard miflex but no rubbing etc. Felt really nice

In my coming on 20 years of diving I've only ever had one hose fail and that was a DuoKev which failed first time I used it. I've owned miflex, generic braided and rubber. Having said that I do tend to change hoses rather often and sell regs sets rather often too so I guess none of my hoses are ever that old.

Last edited:
Does it apply to all the hoses, rubber and braided?
And Polyether is the preferred material. Right?
Correct. According to the DAN article the hoses with Polyether lining did not experience the deterioration that Polyester showed in the testing.
Now if we could get the manufacturers to lest us know what material they use. that would make my decision simply.

Back
Top Bottom