Running with the Bulls.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, fter reading thisI think I may go out and get a bang stick. Anybody know if that would deflect the kinda sharks you guys encountered ?

Walter:
. . .
They could have kept us from making any progress. If that had happened, we would have needed that pick up.
it was a thing I never thought!
As said it was the first experience for me with sharks, bulls, and . . . chicken wings!
You are a too much experienced diver! I'm a poor boy ;-) ! next time before giving the ok signal I'll ask permission! :)

Sh..t I'll have to change my nick, to "midshipmen junior grade shark diver"

N@rco$i$:
Wow, fter reading thisI think I may go out and get a bang stick. Anybody know if that would deflect the kinda sharks you guys encountered ?

More than likely, it would piss them off, or they would think they taste like the old Pop Rocks in their mouth... :D

N@rco$i$:

Depends on the caliber.

TheCaptain:
next time before giving the ok signal I'll ask permission! :)

Sh..t I'll have to change my nick, to "midshipmen junior grade shark diver"

No, just as discussed... it was a situation where you had no idea of the real danger... because you have never seen a shark...

Walter and I have seen sharks, but in more than 2000 dives combined, have never had this experience. As discussed yesterday... when you have little/no experience in a situation, you trust your own judgement, but also inspect/react to the actions and judgements of other experienced divers.

The Captain simply learned from the crew on this particular dive :14:

Jim, great pictures except for that of the shark that actually seems not as nasty as it appeared to me when it was pointing the two of us!

Thankyou. I'll post them, with your permission, on the story I'll post on the Italian Scubaboard (Poverosub.com). By the way, if any of you needs any help for diving sites in Italy, here I'm!

TheCaptain:
it was a thing I never thought!

I was thinking about it.

TheCaptain:
next time before giving the ok signal I'll ask permission! :)

I agree with Jim. You were great on that dive! I couldn't have asked for a better buddy, you saved us all with that warning, "Shark's coming." In a situation like that, there's no time to second guess each other. I prefer a buddy who thinks and acts, a buddy like you, than one who is afraid to make decisions.

Buddies can definately determine how a dive ends up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom