RX-100 and either Ikelite/Nauticam/Recsea housing...can I use my old fisheye lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Topper1972

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I want to get the Sony RX-100...probably first with just the Ikelite uw housing.

Question: Can I possibly still make use of my old 52mm thread fisheye lenses that I used with my previous camera setup?
The Ikelite housing I read has 67mm thread port opening. Perhaps I can re-use my 52mm thread fisheye lenses with a 52mm-to-67mm adapter ring and using a bit of zoom? Would that work?

I have 2 Epoque DCL-30 52mm screw thread wide angle lens and some 52mm thread redfilter lenses.

the ike housing is a 67mm mount...you would need a step down adapter but not sure how it would affect the lens.

The Epoque DCL30 works well with 28mm lens and has a native M67 thread accessory that will work better than a step up ring, I believe the lens itself is designed for 46 mm and then has different adapters for various mounts.

Ikelite housing tend to have a recessed port the quality of the image will depend on how closely the lens will sit from the port

Ask epoque directly if they can send you the ring adapter you need it will work better than a step up ring

Wow, thanks...sounds promising!

How about if splurge and buy either a Nauticam or Recsea uw housing for the RX-100.
Any chance that I could re-use my old 52mm thread fisheye lenses with a Nauticam or Recsea uw house, too?

Wow, thanks...sounds promising!

How about if splurge and buy either a Nauticam or Recsea uw housing for the RX-100.
Any chance that I could re-use my old 52mm thread fisheye lenses with a Nauticam or Recsea uw house, too?

The housing I chose is the nauticam and after 40 dives I am extremely happy with it

The issue with the lens is nothing to do with the housing but with the lens itself, I believe the recsea has an adapter ring for 52mm threads however there are other issues with that housing that prevented me buying another recsea product after a great experience with the S95 housing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom