RX-100 and either Ikelite/Nauticam/Recsea housing...can I use my old fisheye lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would be interested in knowing what the issue was with recsea housing. Am trying to decide between G15, LX7 and Rx100 and cost of housing will be a factor

Just wish patima would put a cold shoe on their housings!!

The G15 and LX7 are 1/1.7" sensor cameras the RX100 has a 1" sensor so higher quality images
The G15 has next to none wide angle options and the LX7 has some good options with nauticam

The recsea housing for the RX100 has two issues the rear dial does not match well with the trinav control and I don't personally like the ring in the front. Also recsea has a poor built cold shoe

Have seen that price for a few days as well... but I'm in no rush to buy yet. I had to do that this past spring when my G10 flooded and, even though I felt I did a lot of research, just am not that happy with the XZ-1 that I wound up buying in May.... which is why I'm looking again :-(

Also, the LX7 is still only 10mp and I need just a tad more for some of the size pics I'm doing.

then maybe M43 or DSLR is the way to go.

then maybe M43 or DSLR is the way to go.

I know but I like the idea of keeping it compact and going from supermacro to wa via wet lenses while diving.... not to mention all that $$$$. I would have been satisfied with my G10 for at least another 2 years (maybe *LOL*)

huge crop from photo gone wrong (with the RX100)

frogfishsupercrop.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom