Rx100 ii Focussing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkopec

Contributor
Reaction score
From the Bluewater settings description:
  • Focus Area: Flexible Spot
    • Allows full movement of the focus point, which is ideal for focusing on an eye or nudibranch rhinophore
There's also another page out there w/ a similar description that says the green focus square will light up and then you can move around and keep the original focus subject. But playing with this setting I am not able to get the flexible focus it just lights up the square in the middle like normal and if you move the camera the focus point just moves with it like normal. What could I be missing?
Note there was also another setting in that list that makes the screen "wobble" when you press halfway to focus which is really irritating so I turned it off, anyone seen that as well?

if you move the camera the focus point just moves with it like normal. What could I be missing?

I believe the idea of Flexible spot is that you don't move the camera.
You compose the scene, but the subject you want in focus is not on the center...you use flexible spot to move the focus spot (using directional buttons on back wheel) to where the subject is...basically, bring the focus point to the subject without moving the camera.

Ahh definitely the opposite of what I had interpreted....I'll give that a shot tonight. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom